“Could be more ... expect less”

Mr. Dooley's Olde irish country pub
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Found this little place last year when kids were in the area playing ball. Had dinner - met the new manager - good guy. They offered a sirloin steak that was awesome - and I know steaks. Great meal - prices seemed so low! OK service at the bar - solid small joint.

Went back recently ... no more steak. Sat at the bar for literally 10 minutes while the bartender horsed around with the waitresses . Then he asked me "what can I do for you...?" Well ... I guess you could ask me if I want a beer ...or maybe a menu ... let's start there.

The silliness went on and on with the waitresses ... some party called "The Murphy's" came in ... had a name plate "reserved for The Murphy's" on the bar. Well that was the last you would see of the bartender - who spent the rest of the time falling all over these two middle-aged martini drinkers.

Food went down. Service stinks (unless you're the Murphy's). Prices average.

A quick burger and a beer ...but don't aspire to this place.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

FANTASTIC drinks (Chocolate Martini is to die for!)
Delicious food, fun atmosphere!

Totally not what I expected! A new favorite!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went as a large group, 6 or more but average is 6. The people there are very nice and the food is good. There is a pub side and a dining side, I prefer the dining side so when we want to talk we can. The food has an Irish swing to it but you can a burger too. We have never had a bad meal here and many a laugh. I have never stayed for any of the bands they have but have heard they are good

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a coupon so off we went, place is nice inside, clam chowder the best we ever had, seafood casserole was way overpriced, scallops, shrimp and lobster were horrible, baked haddock was tasteless, won't go back here again.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stopped in here the other night and was very pleasantly surprised by the great atmosphere, fast, attentive service and excellent food. We will be going back for sure. Didn't ever realize that we had such an interesting and excellent Irish-themed restaurant and pub so close to home. Only real downside is the tough parking situation and the fact that we had to be seated at a small, low table intended for drinks only when we were there mainly to eat dinner. But it is a pub first and foremost... and the wait staff never lets you forget that fact (think: plenty of inquiries on "refills"). Next time we will wait however long it takes to get a more appropriate dining table.

On the limited parking situation, we were told that you can park in the lot across the street. Not sure if that applies to all hours or just at night or how the Wrentham cops feel about that. But regardless, be careful trying to cross Shears Street as traffic comes at you fast and furious from both directions and street lighting is not that great.

But parking and speeding traffic and table height issues aside, this is a place worth coming back to. The food was great and that's what matters most to us! Try it! I'll bet you'll like it!

2  Thank Dougster2010