“James' Roadside Cafe makes me smile!”

James' Breakfast and More
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Wrentham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
somerville ma
“James' Roadside Cafe makes me smile!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

James' Roadside Cafe is a wonderful hidden gem. Delicious food & excellent service for a great value. The staff is extremely charismatic and friendly, more than willing to go the extra mile to make you smile. The breakfast is the best I've ever had. I ordered the cast iron killer, and yes, after I was finished, I was a full and satisfied member of the "clean plate club".
I highly recommend checking this place out!

• Visited October 2012

Franklin, Massachusetts
“Great Portions- Choose from Lunch or Breakfast”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a hidden gem on 140 right between Franklin and Wrentham. The portions are large and filling as well as scrumptious!

You can select from breakfast or lunch, which I love because everyone can pick and choose which meal they are craving.

The service is always friendly and helpful. I think my favorites are the Double BET (Bacon, egg, toast) and the grilled cheese and soup special.

Their homefries are a little spicy but if you like a little kick, try them out with your eggs.

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Service”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was our first visit. We had a delicious breakfast. Large portions. Staff was above and beyond friendly and very welcoming. Casual feel to the restaurant. Food was quality and tasty. Hidden Jem in Wrentham near the Franklin MA line.

Franklin, Massachusetts
“This is a place we really wanted to like...”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a place we really wanted to like. It presents itself as a premium/upscale/gourmet breakfast and lunch spot. It was recommended to us by my daughter and son-in-law who really love it here. It's got a very interesting interior decor in the front section and the wait staff is very polite and generally efficient. Parking is easy and the coffee is truly excellent as others have reported.

But after several breakfast visits, we can't really give it our unconditional seal of approval. The simple truth is that the place tries too hard to be different with its food... just for the sake of being different. Sometimes that sort of thing works for folks and sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that well for us. Perhaps we are too much the "breakfast traditionalists" for James' Restaurant to ever suit our tastes?

We have not yet tried James' for lunch. My sense is that their lunch menu may suit our tastes a lot better than their breakfast menu. On a couple of our late breakfast visits, I must admit that some of the lunch dishes going out looked mighty darn appetizing.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Dougster2010
Norfolk, Massachusetts
“much needed breakfast and sandwich place”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

James is back. though the place is called James' Breakfast and more. Went for lunch. 2 minute wait to be seated and drinks were served promptly. had the turkey club which was so big, for the second half I took out the middle peice of bread. sandwich was delicious with fresh turkey, crispy bacon and a little red onion that really added great flavor to the sandwich. bread was also a thick cut fresh bread. The steak sandwich was also delicious, large but not unmanageable. the steak is more like a roast beef, well cooked with cheese, peppers and onions. the freach loaf is soft so it makes for easy squeezing to fit into your mouth. very tasty. there is a hidden kids menu with standard kids fare. the little one had the chicken fingers buffalo style. kids meals come with frozen fries, adult meals come with fresh cut regular and sweet potato fries, they are a bit soggy so not really my thing.

being as I was super hungry I ordered a side of hash. this is one of the best corned beef hash in MA. freshly made, with finely ground corned beef and with a nice crust on the outside. very flavorful and suprisingly not too salty.

Service is excellent, wait staff is super friendly and very attentive. place is much bigger than it used to be with the addition of a new room and a patio for the summer.

Prices are very reasonable for the quality.

• Visited September 2012