“Howdy ho BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Outdoor only BBQ joint. Great food.sweet potato fries are a must. If ordering again would prob just order a 3 meat plate for Hubbs and I to split. Fairly expensive but quality meat and sides with large Portions

There are newer reviews for Commonwealth BBQ

Reviewed June 16, 2012

After months of driving by this place, we finally decided to stop in. It was amazing! The best BBQ in the area for sure. The pulled pork was awesome and beans were the just so good! Eating outside on picnic benches really was fun for my son too. My family left full and happy. We will be going back again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been to BBQ's all over the South and West. Commonwealth BBQ is the real thing for sure!! My favorite is the pulled pork w/sweet potato fries. The home made sauces are interesting as well, and definately add to the meal!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I'm a Southern girl and very particular about my BBQ. I have driven by Commonwealth Barbecue time and again and finally decided to give it a try; fully expecting to be disappointed yet again.

I ordered a pulled pork sandwich, slaw, fries, and sweet tea.

As expected the sweet tea wasn't sweet. Well...not Southern sweet anyway. The slaw was nothing special for sure. The fries were good...and there were lots of them.

AND...then there was the sandwich. It was huge. I mean really HUGE! And it was good. Very, very good. The meat was tender, juicy and piled high. YUMMY! There were 3 sauces to choose from. None of them were that perfect sauce that makes a barbecue sandwich great. I mixed 'Dan's Famous' and 'Serious Rob's' creating the perfect sauce. (Shh, don't tell the folks that own the place.)

Now, if they only offered dill pickle slices and mayonnaise it could easily be the best Barbecue sandwich this side of the Mason Dixon line!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

From a drive by glance, you might not expect the quality food and service that this place has to offer, but it truly is the best in our area. The owner and all the staff take great pride in the preparation, taste and presentation of their food and make every effort to ensure that your meal is perfection. The sides are amazing (try the stuffed jalepenos - so good, words fail). My favorite is the chili with some corn bread. My kids love the chicken and my hubby has loved every rib he's tried here. The sauces are fantastic and they are generous with having you take extra, so everyone gets the sauce of their choice.