“Excellent Food, Staff, Service!”
Review of Beechwood Hotel

Beechwood Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
ZP83
“Excellent Food, Staff, Service!”
Reviewed December 22, 2009

My brother got married in Worcester in August of 2006 and the Beechwood was our hotel of choice for this event and was highly recommended by my brother's in-laws. From my extended weekend stay I can see why they chose this hotel. The staff at check in could not have been any nicer or helpful to the entire wedding party that came from all over the country. The hotel made each and every one of us feel like we were very important and made my brother's wedding that much more enjoyable. All of the rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. The hotel bar was even a treat and was an elegant place to get off your feet and have a drink or a snack. As a wedding present my Uncle and Aunt gave my brother and the guests a beautiful Sunday brunch. This hotel's brunch was out of this world and from what I understand a good value for the amount of food. It was the perfect place to house all of the wedding guests! I strongly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
worcester
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Every interaction I have had with the hotel staff has been disappointing--ranging from rude to unhelpful to simply disengaged. I had this problem when I stayed here, when I had relatives stay here from out of town, and I just stopped in the middle of reserving a room here today (and booked elsewhere in town) because the booking clerk seemed annoyed that I was interrupting her day. The hotel is fine (the lobby is nicer than the rooms/hallways), but do not expect that the staff will make any exertions to make your stay or your interactions with them more pleasant.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
New Hampshire
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I stayed at the Beechwood recently for a business meeting and couldn't have been happier! We chose the hotel because of its location and proximity to both Boston and Hartford and the easy access off of 290. Although the meeting I attended was for one day, I decided to arrive the previous night and booked an Executive Suite that was spectacular. It had all the comforts of home, was incredbily clean and provided a great work space (actually - better than my office). Parking and check-in was flawless.

I had dinner at the bar as I was traveling by myself and opted for the Reuben - bartender was very informative and the sandwich was near perfect (I'm a tough critic when it comes to the perfect Reuben),

The meeting room the next day was perfect for our Board get together and the breaks and lunch offerings were wonderful. The General Manager, Mark Waxler, even came down to welcome the group and thank us for being there - great customer service!

All in all, a great stay at a great hotel - we will be using this hotel for similar gatherings!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
CT
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Our stay was for one night for a family wedding. The room was well appointed and large, and everything went smoothly. Seemed like a very good hotel from our limited stay, although the food at the wedding we attended at the hotel was sub-par. The facilities themselves were excellent.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Our stay at this beautifully appointed world class hotel was peerless in every manner !
Plush accommodation,efficient friendly staff and extraordinary cuisine, well deserving of every accolade ! Any negative review I have read on this forum has been of unusual circumstance. I have stayed here repeatedly and every visit is better than the last. Can't wait for the new expansion !

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed at the beachwood hotel and my purse "disappeared." When I told the staff about my purse they were less than helpful. My purse was found the next day by one of the staff and was returned to me but all of the money was stolen out of it. My purse was found in the trash at the hotel and I have no doubt that the money was stolen by a staff member. The food was horrible and the staff was rude!!! I would NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank reviewer2112
Marina del Rey, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2009

This charming hotel is nestled amongst park acreage and adjacent to the U Mass Medical Center and a phamaceutical company. We based ourselves in Central Massachusetts for several days of touring New England. After our first day , we considered the Beechwood as 'home.' The staff was friendly, accommodating and caring, from the front desk, to the bar, to the restaurant, to housekeeping. We even had our laundry done there. The restaurant dinner menu was fabulous, with a chef who continues to raise the bar for himself. Our stay spanned over a very, very long week-end and there were a few weddings that added some excitement. These events seemed to be a testimony to what we had already surmised: The Beechwood Hotel, with its lush locale, its accommodating manner and its graciousness has established itself as a hotel of preference in Central Massachusetts. I

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple