“Nice hotel with a lousy breakfast”
Review of Beechwood Hotel

Beechwood Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel with a lousy breakfast”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The Beechwood is a lovely hotel, well appointed throughout. The rooms are gracious yet comfortable. The staff is welcoming and helpful. I only had two issues with my stay. The first was a minor issue - the housekeeping left a copy of the previous day's newspaper folded up on the floor next to the nightstand. Not what I expect of a four diamond hotel, however.

The second is the lousy continental breakfast that is included in the room rate. With a restaurant on site, I understand they want to push guests into ordering off the full menu. But, when you advertise a complimentary continental breakfast as part of the room rate, it should be decent. This one was not. First, the selection is very poor. The continental at the Hampton Inn puts this one to shame, and given the price difference that shouldn't be. Second, despite many guests utilizing the breakfast, they weren't replenishing. Third, the staff didn't pay attention to the "buffet" area, allowing it to get messy and when the plates ran out, nobody brought more. The breakfast was a disappointing end to an otherwise lovely stay.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank TheSeasonedTraveler
Mario C, General Manager at Beechwood Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear TheSeasonedTraveler

Thank you for your candid feedback on your experience with us. I apologize for your experience in our dining room and for not meeting your expectations of service. I will share your comments with the rest of my management team for their review so that we can improve our services. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you for future stays as we work on making improvements for your comfort.

Mario A Cuevas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at the beachwood before and enjoyed my expeirence but you do not want to have a room on the 2nd floor. I went there for a convention and checked in during the day and went off to the convention. I needed to get up early in the am so I made it an early night. Once i went back to the room the compreesor from the roof would make so much noise it shook the room and i awoke every 10 to 15 minutes. I called the front desk and they told me yes they knew the machines on the roof were very noisy and was sorry for the inconvience. THat's It! If you stay there insist on a room on the 1st floor or bring headphones to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st floor only.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark K
Dear Mark K

Thank you for your candid feedback on your experience with us. I apologize for your experience and for not meet your expectations of service. I will share your comments with the rest of my management team for their review so that we can improve our services. Apologies also for the inconvenience to you during your stay due to the noise experience. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you for future stays as we work on making improvements for your comfort.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Lovely hotel perched on a hill overlooking the U of Mass Medical Center. Our room was large and well appointed with upscale toiletries, bathrobes, umbrella, and a Keurig coffee maker provided. The staff was very pleasant and helpful without being intrusive. There wasn't a safe in our room to store valuables, which would have been nice. The continental breakfast, which is included in the room rate, was fine. The bowls of fresh fruit, which were fresh and delicious, were not refilled promptly, however. I had to request fruit and bowls each morning of our 3 night stay. It seemed that no one was keeping an eye on the buffet area, although the dining room was not overly busy while we were there. However, the dining area was outstanding with both inside and outside tables. We had some trouble getting the temperature in our room cool enough for sleeping. Very noisy cooling/heating equipment as well. These are relatively small faults that could be addressed easily. I would definitely stay at the Beechwood the next time I visit family in Worcester.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda D
Dear Linda D,

Thank you for spending the time to review our hotel. Please know that we take all of our reviews seriously, and will follow up accordingly after having read this review. We thank you for highlighting over our breakfast, and we apologize for the inconvenience that it may have cause during your stay with us.

In regards to your concerns with the room temperature, please know that we are continuously making improvements to our rooms so that we can provide a more exceptional experience than the last.

We hope that we have the opportunity to host you again in the future so that we can leave you with a greater positive impression.

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 26, 2014

It was too beautiful a day to have breakfast in doors... we knew the Beechwood had some ourdoor seating, so we stopped there. They have created a beautiful outside dining area, tastefully landscaped with waterfall effects and a variety of quaint seating areas. The wait staff was extremely attentive, and Andrea L (142) was the sweetest. Andrea served us with the perfect balance of attention and engaging conversation. The food was perfectly cooked and delicious... beat the heck out of dark diner on a beautiful day. Thank you Andrea for a memorable brunch!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dave_and_Stace,

Thank you for spending the time to review our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that continues to inspire all of us to continue to provide the exceptional service that we are known for. We thank you for recognizing that.

We hope that we have the opportunity to host you again in the near future. It would be an honor to welcome you back to our hotel.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Beechwood hotel in Worcester. I stayed there for two nights in May 14. My room was very comfortable and quiet. The front desk service was very good and helpful. The location of the hotel was good. I plan to stay there again when in Worcester.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Bernard A
Mario C, General Manager at Beechwood Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Bernard A,

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review on our hotel and staff! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to take great care of you. We loves hearing comments about our guest’s stay and this is a great one! I will pass all your gracious comments to the staff. We hope that we get the opportunity to take care of you again if your travel brings you to Worcester.

Best regards,

Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Beechwood Hotel is a lovely hotel. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is very nice and accessible. The products in the bathroom were very nice. There was a strong smell of perfume/deodorant/air freshener in my room. I received a continental breakfast with my room which was a fine continental breakfast - nothing extraordinary.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mario C, General Manager at Beechwood Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Susan P,

We are thrilled to hear from one of our visiting guest on Tripadvisor! We thank you for taking the time to go on the website to express your experience for the Beechwood Hotel. Your kind remarks for our quality and products are appreciated and I’ll be sharing them with my team. We look forward to your next visit to the Worcester area and for you to stay with us!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Reasonably priced luxury hotel with a fantastic restaurant. The staff was friendly and professional. My room was spacious and I liked the added woodwork. The solid wood shutters and enclosed air/heater unit is something not usually found in a hotel in this price range. I enjoyed an early check in (10am) and late check out (1pm). The bottled water in the room is overpriced at $4 but the restaurant was very accommodating at refilling my water bottle. The restaurant is amazing! The food is unique, high quality and delicious! Even if you don't stay at this hotel I highly recommend eating at Ceres Bistro. It's a little difficult to find the entrance to this hotel and restaurant but you will find it after a few times around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank artladyla
Mario C, General Manager at Beechwood Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear artladyla,

Thank you so much! I am glad you discovered us and had a nice experience while you were with us. Ceres Bistro (our restaurant) is great, so thanks for dining there! I appreciate you mentioning the excellent food and service; it is something we are very proud of! We look forward welcoming you back next time your travel brings you to the Worcester area.

Thanks again!