“Elegant and affordable.”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Warwick, New York
“Elegant and affordable.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in April 2013. It was excellent in every way. Our room was so immaculate and every fixture and piece do furniture was of the highest quality. The staff was also wonderful, especially the cleaning staff. They were respectful and did a wonderful job on the rooms and the entire hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My son took me to the Beechwood for their Mother's a day Buffet. It was extraordinary. The ballroom in which we were seated was tastefully appointed and the temperature was comfortable. A complimentary drink or glass of champagne was the crowning glory. The buffet menu offerings were carefully selected, ie, a wide offering of breakfast items including freshly baked waffles, a carving station, salad bar, tasty entrees, shrimp cocktail, and delightful desserts. The waitstaff, especially mine, Beth and Kim, were professional and were the perfect compliment to the meal. As a food service professional with many years in the industry, I asked if the Executive Chef was still there as I finished my meal. He was and he graciously accepted my kudos on behalf of his team. I can't wait to sit outdoors at the Ceres Bistro for a summer interlude. APPLAUSE!!!

Stayed May 2013
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Because my husband was in the UMass Medical Center for a life-threatening accident, it was especially wonderful to stay at the Beechwood Hotel. Free Yellow Cab service to and from the hotel to the hospital, courteous and helpful staff, ummaculate room and top-knotch food made my stay very comfortable during such a difficult time. A big thank you to everyone who made me feel comforted and comfortable!
Patricia Bade

Room Tip: The hotel is round, so each room has an excellent view. Very quiet and dark for ease of sleeping...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed 2 nights on a business trip last March. Standard room was the biggest standard room I have ever stayed in! In some other parts of the world that size of room would have been apartment or suite but I guess everthing is anyway bigger in US ;)

Great bathroom, wifi included in room rate. Bed was king size or maybe even bigger? Great sleep anyway. Breakfast was supprisingly healthy, yoghurt & serials plus fruits. I believe easily the best hotel to stay in Worcester. Don´t know about the price tough, my company rate was 153USD/night including all the taxes. Sounds a bit too high for me, but I´m not familiar with local price level. Just to give you guys some reference idea.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We arrived very late at night & left first thing in the morning, so did not try the restaurant.

This is a new hotel, stylishly designed. The desk clerk was very friendly & helpful.

It is hard to find the entrance. There is practically no signage. You have to turn off Route 9, drive past the hotel (which you can see), then double back via an unmarked access road, and circle around to the entrance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Albany
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Beechwood. Overall I would give our experience a 4 but there were some negative points. Let's start with the positive. The hotel and the rooms were extremely clean and inviting. The room were tastefully decorated with high ceilings. Even though there were two different parties going on at the hotel, it was very quiet. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Now it's time for the negative. The water pressure was horrendous! I froze while taking a shower and I had to stand ridiculously close to the faucet. This could have been a room issue and it wasn't that big of a deal for one night, but it was annoying. The next negative point was the restaurant inside the hotel. The drinks were measured to the T, they were weak, and presented poorly. I ordered a margarita and she used table salt to rim the glass and gave me the drink in a half filled water cup. I don't mind spending 8/12 dollars for a drink but I want it presented properly. The good definitely out weighs the bad... we would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This property is very much like a first rate European hotel. I first stayed at the Beechwood in 2004. It appears as though the owner continues to reinvest the profits in improving every dimension of the hotel. Beautifully appointed rooms, outstanding chef in the restaurant, excellent service, and friendly staff all remind me of Brown's in London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business