“Gorgeous lobby and I so want to write a great review but....”

Courtyard Worcester
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gorgeous lobby and I so want to write a great review but....”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Lobby renovation is spectacular. Tons of seating. As I speak we are spread out watching the World Series. Lots of seating areas and tvs. Bar and nice breakfast area. And the rooms are great. Especially nice is a mini fridge and microwave in the room...But......
1. Where is my complimentary morning coffee? I wandered down this morning looking all around for what I've come to expect at every Marriott Courtyard-- free coffee but it was no where to be found. Now there is a nice breakfast area with food and Starbucks coffee but I felt as if the rules had been changed without me knowing.
2. Parking is an issue here during busy times. We were here for parents college weekend--fully booked hotel and they had a party here. I have to give props to the manager who moved her personal car so we could park but guest after guest was coming in and asking where to park. I'm not sure how they figured that all out.
3. Elevators broke and remained broken. Not the hugest of problems for us but if I couldn't climb stairs it's been out the entire day --12 hours plus both elevators.

I know I will stay here again. The hotel has too much positive with great staff and I am a huge Marriott fan.

1 Thank mskrisanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Very nice reception at front desk. The hotel lobby had an odor that was very unpleasant - old cooking oil or something similar Did not use lobby because of it. First room smelled musty so the staff moved us across the hall. Second room comfortable. Heat/AC control on wall did not work but controls on window unit did so we managed heat that way. Hotel was average.

Room Tip: Higher floor may be better.
New Bern, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It's a chain hotel, but the staff make it feel like an inner city boutique. They are friendly, helpful and eager to make your stay as pleasant as possible. It has been my destination lodging in Worcester 2 to 3 times per year for the last 6 years. Consistently better than most others.

Easthampton
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great location for WPI swim meet. Easy access to area attractions, restaurants and highways. Very nice room, great service from all employees. The bistro is awesome. Clean hotel. Excellent experience. Would recommend for all to stay. I will definitely be staying again

• Stayed October 2013
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Worcester, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Riverbend1,

Thank you for letting us know how we're doing. We're are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Come and see us again soon!

Socrates Ramirez, GM
Dubai
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've stayed at this Marriott twice and both times it was friendly, cozy, and the staff have been extremely helpful. The small bar near the lobby is just the right size to keep a few people around, but to keep out a bunch of locals looking for drink specials. The bartender is funny, knowledgeable, and right on the spot with the cocktails. TIP HIM!!

They were doing construction which got a little loud but wasn't too annoying - they managed it very well. They still have the indoor pool but the hot tub is gone. There are plenty of restaurants and bars under two miles away, and a couple that are only a few minutes walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for business and family trips. The hotel is clean and newer. Staff is good and attentive. Location is not perfect but manageable. Fitness room is fine. Breakfast is only ok and in the new Courtyard model, you pay for it. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at Courtyard Inn before, I knew the hotel would be reliably clean and comfortable. But, Courtyard in Worcester, MA was better! I arrived early and as requested my room was ready. I was on the first floor and concerned I might experience noise but the room was super quiet, well decorated and clean. There was a comfortable set of foot rests / coffee tables where I could put my feet up. As usual there was a real desk with a great desk chair.
There was a dining room and the breakfast was tasty. The staff was helpful and I was greeted warmly each time I entered the lobby. Great customer service means a lot to me. Being right by WPI, it was located in a great place for walks! I hope I get to visit again soon. Well done.

• Stayed October 2013