“One of the best Hotels in Worchester”

Courtyard Worcester
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service excelent.....the room very good.... and the location very close to the College of my son . The only problem was the aircondition in the bathroom ,which was making a lot of noise.
Also the restaurant was not so good.We had to go out either for lunch or dinner , even the breakfast was not at the standards of Marriot Hotels. For sure the next time that I will visit Worchester I will stay at the same hotel.

Room Tip: Check the noice of the restroom air-condition
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel has spacious rooms and good service. It is very affordable. We enjoyed staying there during our family reunion. Beds are comfortable. The only issue we've seen was the swimming pool. It was small, and it was closed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank art11
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a night....warm n cosy....decor modern...neat...clean....breakfast was warm n delicious...after a long drive of 500+miles....it seemed to me a nice place for a sound sleep....value for money..

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Glamsaint
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'll cut and paste froma review below, because I think he summed it up perfectly:

"maybe because the renovations are recent, but I found this hotel to be a step up from the typical courtyard experience ("typical courtyard", not being a bad thing). lobby is nice, furnishings are great and new. Found this hotel to be a pleasant surprise."

I thought the neighborhood was fine. Some old buildings, true, but there were pretty interesting. Also, 2 fancy new biotech buildings in back of the hotel, amd some in front, and one old building being rennovated. 15 minute walk to the center of WPI, 20 minutes to downtown. All in all, fine.

Also, like the rennovations. cool faucets, glass door on the mini-fridge, etc.

not bad at all.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had read such raving reviews of this hotel, but it was quite a terrible experience when I checked in. First, (in addition to it being hard to find) as I was about to enter the hotel, 3 fire trucks blare past the street along with an ambulance. (It felt like I had unknowingly entered an action film, and the feeling continued throughout my stay.) This place is surrounded by old, industrial buildings. Scary surroundings and Veterans center aside, there were other problems.

Second, the staff. I had requested a "late check-in" and had it in my reservation for a certain number of extra pillows. So, when I checked in and got to my room, I was frustrated that NONE of the extra pillows were there - not to mention it was missing the refrigerator! (Actually, one was never installed!!) When we called the front desk, the woman sent an African-American man who clearly hated his job, with the extra pillows. (I wish I had gotten his name, but he wasn't wearing a uniform or even a nametag.) When we asked for the fridge, he just rolled his eyes and stormed off without saying a word. He returned with a battered, dented, fridge that he installed. I was too afraid to ask him for a suitcase stand. Anyway, it turned out that the pillows he brought were cheap feather pillows lined in some crinkly plastic that had latex in it!!! I'm HIGHLY allergic to latex, and so yet again I had to call the front desk to exchange pillows and the woman sent the same angry man to take these pillows and then I had to wait for him to exchange the feather for the foam ones. Even when he dropped off the foam pillows, it appeared to be a major bother to him.

The third issue with this hotel is the renovations. I think they must have rushed through to finish, because they've made major mistakes. Now, overall the room looks pretty (except for the mold in the grout of the bathroom), but has major mistakes. In my room, they framed the main door (the one leading to the hallway) wrong. The door's measurements were so off that when you shut the door you could still see light - not just under the door, but also up the entire length of the door (on the side where you lock it)!! The TV "center" was clearly supposed to have a refrigerator in the left cabinet, but even though the back of the cabinet was perforated, no one bothered to punch out the back so the refrigerator could fit!! The bathroom also had its own problems. The sink's faucet was set too far back - so every time you wash your hands, brush your teeth, etc. the water flooded the counter!! Also, in my room, one of the shower walls had the "marble" (or whatever they used in the shower) leaning inwards (in the top right corner) towards the shower and away from the wall. The A/C unit's fan wasn't working properly. Even when you turned the fan to "ON" instead of "AUTO," it still turned off on its own. I will say, at least the temperature part was working.

For a hotel at this price range, I was severely underwhelmed. I wanted to change my plans to leave the hotel early, but couldn't. I wouldn't go back to this hotel even if it were free.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room on the 1st floor - it's very noisy. Also, choose a room that doesn'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Global_Thinker
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I realize that Massachusetts people are more "reserved" but going there is like being treated like you are a bother and they would rather not have to check you in, answer phone, tell you where things are, or give advice on area food. Or anything , for that matter. Rude, dirty, and not inviting or comfortable to stay at all. We were ready to never stay at a Marriott again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank melissa1887
Reviewed July 28, 2013

over 60 year old travelers, stayed here a couple of nights, good choice, down side , yes there is construction across the street, but they do not make as much noise as somebody checking their car is locked and hitting the fob enough times to wake up the guest. come on folks lock your car without waking the guests PLEASE !

Room Tip: no advise on a good room, but I never rate anybody perfect, always room for improvement
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple