“good choice,”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Niagara Falls, Ontario. Canada
“good choice,”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

over 60 year old travelers, stayed here a couple of nights, good choice, down side , yes there is construction across the street, but they do not make as much noise as somebody checking their car is locked and hitting the fob enough times to wake up the guest. come on folks lock your car without waking the guests PLEASE !

Room Tip: no advise on a good room, but I never rate anybody perfect, always room for improvement
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night in our way from Maine to NJ. It is newly renovated and clean! The staff was very helpful and even brewed a fresh pot of coffee for us when the Starbuck's cafe was closed so we could have our afternoon caffeine fix! We would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Normally when we visit Worcester we stay at the Residence Inn however this time I chose to take a gamble on the Courtyard as it was about twenty dollars a night cheaper. The first thing I will say is the property looks to have been remodeled very recently. The rooms are nicely laid out and contain some of the standard Courtyard furniture but not the same mattresses I've experienced at other Courtyard properties.

I found the bed a bit hard and woke up with a slight back ache each of the three nights we stayed. The only other oddity to me was the small size of the room. It's Just big enough for the king size bed, and desk/tv stand/armoire mega-unit that is all the rage at Courtyard properties these days. The bathroom too was on the smallish side but perfectly functional.

If I had the option I would be ripping out one of my shower/tub combos for the shower only unit that this property has chosen to implement. They've ripped out the tub and used the entire space to put in a 2 (3?) person shower complete with curved glass door. It was very nice to have so much space and the idea just seems obvious as more and more of the nation take fewer and fewer baths.

The staff at the hotel were always friendly, generally greeting us as we entered provided they were not attending to another guest. The room was very clean and made up each day during our stay indicating housekeeping does a great job.

Great staff in a nicely remodeled hotel with a great shower led to a better experience than expected. Provided the pricing is reasonable we will be staying at this property again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2013

maybe because the renovations are recent, but I found this hotel to be a step up from the typical courtyard experience ("typical courtyard", not being a bad thing). lobby is nice, furnishings are great and new. Found this hotel to be a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stay at a lot of Courtyards due to my business travel budget (i.e., not extravagant.) I'd stayed here about 6 weeks ago when the place was under renovation, which was a mistake. It smelled of dust everywhere. Now, however, it's just about done -- they were painting the elevator doors when I was there 2 days ago. The rooms are finished, and fresh, with the new Courtyard decor... which seems to be a lot of brown furniture with black and white photos on the wall. A touch of color, people?
I haven't stayed in any Ritz-Carltons, but I've read that they train their staff to greet guests in the hall or wherever they encounter them. Not so at The Courtyard... a little smile would go a long way in welcoming the weary traveler. The server at the Breakfast Bar was all business, not a nod or glimmer of a smile either day I stayed there. Had the same experience at a Courtyard in NJ last month... are you listening, Marriott?
My room was missing a floor lamp.... beds were comfortable... AC was cool, and unbelievably quiet -- none of that on/off thumping. There are mini-fridges in the room which you can hear cycle on and off... You have to wonder how much energy they consume every day. What a waste, in my opinion. Overall, i'm giving the place a good rating and would recommend it. Free parking (the Hilton Garden down the street doesn't have that!) and an easy to get to location...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony if you want to be able to get fresh air; the front of the hotel seems...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PORT ALLEGANY
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Adjacent to Worcester Polytechnical Institute, this is a comfortable courtyard. Our room had a full size sofa and desk with chair on casters, and ottomans that could double as a coffee table. The sink and coffee area featured a fridge, micro, and generous countertop, which did not crowd out toiletries as is often the case. There was a full length mirror in the bathroom. Walk across the street to an old brick factory building to find Northworks Bar and Grille. We had such good salads there for lunch that we went back for late night nachos, which could have (should have) fed our whole family instead of the two of us. Breakfast is available in the lobby for a charge - cooked to order or buffet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2013

When I arrived at the Courtyard in Worcester for a business trip in early June of this year, I was awestruck upon entering the lobby. It looked nothing like it used to. It had been a rather tired and drearily serviceable looking area before and now it is fresh and bright and quite modern looking! The front desk clerks greeted me with enthusiasm and advised they had just had the grand re-opening a few days before my arrival.

The hallways and rooms have also been totally refurbished. The carpeting is new, the rooms have new designs and furniture, and overall, it was just like staying in a brand new hotel. New type of keycard entry on the doors, too, which took a minute to figure out. Internet service was better than I remembered from previous stays.

I miss the free coffee that used to be provided in the lobby. Now you must purchase the coffee in the bistro. On the plus side, they now serve Starbucks including made to order lattes. I ordered dinner from the bistro my first night, which is not delivered via room service but you have to get it yourself. I had no problem with that at all although the staff in the bistro was clearly brand new and still in the process of getting acclimated to where things were located and the prices, and so on. But they were friendly and apologized for the confusion. Service for breakfast was more organized and efficient later in the week.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business