“Awesome Customer Service by GM Jonathan Buck”

Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Niwot, Colorado
“Awesome Customer Service by GM Jonathan Buck”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Where do you print a document, sign it, scan it and forwarded to your boss in 5 minutes. Thanks to Jonathan Buck at the front desk of the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Worcester and his TurboScan app on his iPhone this was all done in 5 minutes with a smile.

Thank you Jonathan Buck.

Tony Sdao

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Tony S -

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. It was truly my pleasure assisting you with your request. We always aim to provide our guests with the highest level of customer service go above and beyond for our guests on a daily basis. Your situation is a case example for our team of how we can continue to deliver on our service promise to our future guests and will be discussed in many staff meetings in the future.

We appreciate that you took the time to share this experience, and hope you will stay with us next time your travels bring you to Worcester.

Jonathan Buck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for a last minute business trip and it was excellent. The service was freindly, room was clean, and the location was great! I would highly reccomend staying here if you are in need of a room in that area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Jeff M -

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent business trip to Worcester. We greatly appreciate your willingness to share some highlights of your experience. We hope you will again consider staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown next time your travels bring you to town.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester for a trip visiting family. You cannot beat this location! It is so convenient to downtown and the DCU Center, and dining right next-door. You can tell the hotel has been newly redone, and it was definitely impressive!! The decor is sleek and modern, and feels much more upscale than you may expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were also nicely done, with modern touches for our gadgets and comfortable beds. We look forward to staying here again on our next trip to Worcester!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear TJ994,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Worcester and for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. We are delighted to hear that you found our rooms to be modern and comfortable.

I hope that you will again choose to stay at our hotel in the future when you and your family have the need to re-visit the Worcester MA area.

Hampden, Maryland
Reviewed January 22, 2014

During my business travel 1-18-14, I stopped at this location. The first thing I encounterd upon my arrival was the outstanding service provided to me from the young lady working at the time of my check-in (early night shift) She provided me with options of restauraunts to enjoy directions that got me from point A to B, she was nice enough to give me delivery menus as well for something quick and placed my order for me. The bed was made nicely also very comfortable to sleep on.

Before checking out I stopped by the breakfeast just for a cup of coffee thinking I was not going to like the selections of a "complimentry" breakfeast. Overall the breakfeast was hot and many good choices
i'd come back to Worchester, Ma during my travels.

I

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear travelLV65,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent hotel stay at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are delighted to hear that our level of personalized service met and or exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share this review with our team and celebrate a job well done. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to fully take advantage of the Express Start breakfast bar offerings.

We look forward to your return visit with us next time your travels bring you to downtown Worcester.

Clinton ,MA
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My stay at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express on Summer St. was not only reasonable in price but very accommodating. For anyone with lots of devices, I appreciated all the newly installed media hubs in the guest rooms. It was great for easy access for laptop, phone charger, etc. The rooms are certainly geared for the business traveler with this feature. I stayed in a room that had a fridge( I had this amenity at the Hol Inn Exp on Sanibel Island and totally loved having the fridge).I believe all the rooms have this. The rooms were very chic with their new designs. Cleanliness has always been one of my most important requirements in a hotel and this one certainly made my list.
One of my favorite services provided by the Hol Inn Exp is the Complimentary Hot breakfast that is provided. I loved the pancake maker and variety offered. The breakfast area was on the second floor so it was more private as it wasn't right off the lobby where many are.
The Front desk staff, housekeeping staff and managers I interacted with were all professional and very accommodating. The staff were helpful with local suggestions and recommendations. There are many restaurants within walking distance and the DCU center only 2 blocks away. There is also a complimentary shuttle service for use within the immediate area. The location, right off I-290, is easily visible and convenient to many Central MA destinations.

Room Tip: There are a few 'suites' that would be great for small families or just guest who wanted mor...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank guadsquad
Dear guadsquad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent positive experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are delighted to hear that it sounds as though you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. My team and I work extremely diligently to provide our guests with a best in class experience like yours. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed many of the new in room amenities like the charging ports built into the entertainment center as well as the Express Start Bar offerings. We take a lot of pride in the individualized service that we provide, and celebrate with our team positive feedback like yours.

Thank you for staying with us, and we promise to always deliver a warm welcome anytime you should choose to stay with us in the future.

Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in December on a business trip and it was great! They have beautiful new rooms, large flat screen TVs with 70+ HD channels, super fast wifi, great complimentary breakfast (try the pancake machine!), and very friendly front desk staff! Walking distance to DCU center and many restaurants in the area, and the hotel is easy to find off the highway. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mr. Tougas -

Thank you for taking the time to share some highlights of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are very proud of our investment in our newly renovated guestroom. I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Express Start breakfast offerings. We look forward to your return visit to the Holiday Inn Express in Worcester.

Connecticut
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown in November 2013, using reward points. The best thing about this hotel for us was that it was only about a 10-minute walk to the DCU Center. As a matter of fact, the hotel was about as close to the entrance of the DCU Center as the DCU parking garage was. When we've used reward points for other hotels, we've sometimes felt like we were given substandard rooms, but that was not the case here. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. Our room had 2 queen beds that had very comfortable mattresses with nice bed linens. The mini-fridge was bigger than most mini-fridges. There was no microwave oven. The vanity inside the bathroom was large with plenty of space for toiletries and a change of cloths, but the sink was missing a stopper and the toilet got clogged up (the front desk gave us a plunger to use). The room thermostat was easily adjustable and the heating was not noisy. The staff was friendly, and gave us treats when we arrived (bags of chips and water bottles) because we're IHG reward members. The breakfast was great: cheese omelets, bacon, sausage, bagels with cream cheese, cinnamon buns, cereal, fresh whole fruit, orange juice, and more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Greetings ctyankee5759,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the new Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your recent stay with us. From our new rooms that are built for the business traveler in mind, our Express Start breakfast bar offerings, to our location in proximity to many local attractions. We strive to provide best in class accommodations that exceed our guests expectations. If there is anything else you would like to share with me about your recent visit, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at jbuck@globalvisionhotels.com.

We hope you choose to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown next time your travels bring you to central Massachusetts.