“Consistantly good”

Dining options: Reservations
Worcester, MA
“Consistantly good”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I love this place, I have been many times and have never had a bad experience- unless I got to another restaraunt because every other place is judged against this one.

We prefer to go week days for late lunches, my spouse will not eat the soup or mushrooms (the accompany the dinner meu and more $$$) its generally pretty quiet and you get fed quicker in the afternoon after the lunch rush. We both do the Filet Mignon and Chicken and he then gets a side of scallops or shrimp, depending on what he is in the mood for, Presentation (chef performance) isnt a big deal to me, cuz I have seen it so many times, but the chefs are efficent and entertaining, service is on point and the food is always cooked per specifications. I love the side sauces they have, one is a ginger based and perfect on the meat and veggies and the other sauce, I couldn’t begin to tell you whats in it, but it is so flipping tasty esp on the filet or the seafood.

They actually put this sauce in the fried rice which def makes it stand out amongst other Hibachi places AND they aren’t following the current trend of charging extra for friend rice and it does not contain the typical frozen peas and carrots. The portions and quality as well as the prices make this a home run to me. They also have superior ginger dressing!!!!! I am not a sushi person, but everyone seems to rave about it. If your looking for the hibachi, its the best I have had around these parts, give it a try, I doubt you will leave disappointed.

Dang, now I want Kyoto for dinner

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Lgroccia

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I have never tried the grill but the food does look very nice. This place is good for drinks at the bar and sushi. The sushi chef is very good especially if you tell him to make whatever he wants. The combos he comes up with are always great. I also like to get take out from there, they are super fast.

• Visited July 2011
Massachusetts
“Fantastic food in a beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Kyoto is my favorite restaurant in the Worcester area. It is a relatively new restaurant (2 years old?) and an absolute gem.

It is tucked away in a series of shops in Lincoln Plaza; when you pull up, be aware that while the outside may look similar to that of other oriental restaurants, the inside is anything BUT the 'stereotypical' oriental decor.

The detail given to the decor is impressive; gorgeous woodworking, tasteful, coordinated colors, and spotlessly clean EVERYTHING. The staff is always friendly and attentive, and seem to really enjoy their work. This creates a great dining environment.

The food is excellent. The sushi is fresh and delicious, as well as absolutely beautifully arranged and presented. Part of the fun for me is seeing what incredible creations the sushi chef is sending out to other diners, as well as to myself.

The food at the cooking tables is excellent as well, and the chefs put on quite an entertaining and fun 'show' as they work, especially if there are a lot of people in the restaurant (such as on Friday or Saturday night) - again, everyone (including the staff) seems to enjoy themselves.

The pride the owners and staff have in Kyoto is evident everywhere - I highly recommend it!