“What a disappoinment!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Worcester
Philadelphia area
“What a disappoinment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I chose this motel because I was traveling with my dog and it allows pets. The area was not terrible, but the whole place was kind of creepy. It was a very hot day, and I was told my room was 315 and on the 3d floor. I made several trips up and down stairs, down long corridors, etc., all the time with my dog hot and thirsty. ON the 3d try, a man from the front desk told me I was in the wrong hotel. What ? Is this possible? Well, it turns out that part of the hotel is a Quality Inn with no elevators and part of the building is some kind of extended stay place that appeared to resemble subsidized housing of some kind. Then the key wouldn't work, so my dog was left in the room while I had to run up and down again and have a new key made by the employees in the extended stay part of the operation. Truly weird. The advertising online said there were 3 restaurants adjacent. False. There was a nursing home nearby but it was necessary to drive out to the strip to a Wendy's and bring something back to the room. I could not get out of there fast enough and ended up sleeping, showering, walking my dog and taking off at 6 am.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gretchen M
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
The team at The Quality Inn Worcester would like to apologise for the issues in service you experienced during you recent stay at our property.
We will go ahead and share your letter with our staff to ensure that we do your issues are resolved.
We hope to see you again in the very near future

Corporate Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Schenectady, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

OMG... This place should be shut down by the board of health. First when i drove in a long driveway which you should have a truck or 4x4 since full of pot holes and not fit for a car to drive, When I checked in rather late I wa told my room was on the 3rd floor since they were the nicer rooms for Choice Member because they were nicer rooms. The I was told there were no elevators, remind you, not a place you would want to leave anything in your car. Well I was very tired to I dragged my stuff to the third floor, when I open the door to climb the stairs it smelt horrible. When I open the door to the third floor the windows were wide open at each end of the hallways, no screen or anything to prevent someone fro falling put, or stop animals or insect from entering. Then openned the door to my room that looked nice mattress was cheap and hard as a rock. Well now it late and I had to be up in 4 hours, well when I got up and got in shower the shower curtain was soiled which looked like blood really gross, also the top of the shower you could see that they had painted over dirt and grime. Well I knew I had wasted my money and had to check out. On my way out the windows at each end of hall way were still wide open, so I stopped on second floor and the windows were also wide open. I checked out and drove 7 moles checked in comfort inn best thing I did...

Room Tip: Drive by save your money and stress.. DO NOT STOP!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank John O
, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, July 5, 2012

Greetings:

On behalf of the management and staff of the Quality Inn Worcester, I would like to apologise for the issues that occurred during your recent stay with. I have shared your letter with our General Manager and Housekeeping team
We are committed to customer service and we will ensure that we address these issues immediately.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Worcester!
Thank you again for your feedback.

Richard Walker
Corporate Director of Sales and Reveue.

Travelers are raving about these Worcester hotels

Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during our business visit.Hotel is recently done up with new lobby, front office and rooms are nicely done.Breakfast was very sumptuous and service was friendly.We found the staff very helpful with tips about local eatries.Very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on first floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Greetings:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. We have recently split our hotel into two properties. The Quality Inn which now accomodates short term stays and The Suburban Extended Stays which accomodate long term guests. Each hotel has its own front desk and staff. The Quality Inn has been completely renovated with a brand new lobby and all of the rooms now boasts flat screen TV's.
We hope to see you again during your next trip to Worcester MA

Corporate Sales
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Recently went to Worcester for work and stayed here. Hotel is affordable and good quality for what you pay. Front desk staff were friendly and accomodating. As a female travelling alone I was a little leary after reading some reviews however I feel other reviews were exaggerated. I felt safe and was not concerned.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. Our staff takes pride in its friendliness and feel rewarded and encouraged by such positive reviews. i will go ahead and share your reviews with our staff.
We hope to see you again during your next visit to Worcester!

Corporate Sales