“Taste of New England”

Dining options: Late Night
California
“Taste of New England”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is an authentic New England Diner. When you first pull up to it, you may be aprehensive about entering. The diner is very old and may not be apealing to some peoples eye. However, if you miss this restaurant then you are making a big mistake. Once you step inside of this diner you immediately feel like you are in one of the old movies. There are a few tables along the wall and of course the counter with the swivel chairs. The menu is on the wall so dont expect the waitress to hand you one. The service is great and the staff goes out of their way to please you. Now for the atmosphere, if you do not mind everyone talking at once, some louder then others. Everyone talking about personnel things to the world news. For me it was like a breath of fresh air. I just sat their and laughed and kept wanting more. Where can you go have your meal and listen to everyone talk at one time. I loved it. This is a typical New England diner and I believe that most of the customers are regulars and so everyone knowes each other. It seems like home. I ordered eggs with a meatball. I have never had anything like that before. The eggs were covered with tomato sauce with a giant meatball on top. It was great. Everyone should try this at least once. I really enjoyed this diner experience and I certainly would go back. The only criticism I would have is that I come from a state that is extremely health conscious and with that being said, I would like to see the cooks in this diner wear gloves when handling the food. In my state it is a law that all food handlers wear gloves for sanitary purposes, so when I watch cooks that do not were them, it makes me a little nervous. Again this is a law in my state. I am not sure of the Ma. laws. However, I give this diner a very high rating because of the atmosphere and the food is great (even without the gloves). I would love to go back in the evening when I think most of the regulars are their and just sit and watch and pretend that I am in a movie. I just love this place

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank zenakitty1

Alexandria, Virginia
“Classic Diner”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed overnight in Worcester on the way to Maine last summer and asked the desk at the Hilton Garden Inn where we cold find a diner. They recommended the Boulevard Diner and we could not have been more pleased. While the food was outstanding - eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage - all excellent, the ambiance was even better. Built, if I remember correctly, in the 30's and moved from across the street to its present location some years ago, it is quite small but sports beautiful wood walls and ceiling and makes you feel as if you've stepped back in time. The staff was cordial and helpful and the decor includes posted descripitions of omelets named after the many nearby colleges. A real treat!

• Visited August 2012
Indiana
“Great vintage diner!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a vintage diner with good food. It was enjoyable to look around at the original decor while waiting for the food which was served quickly. The waitress was friendly and seemed to enjoy working there. This is a great spot to eat especially if you enjoy eating in a real diner!

• Visited October 2012
Hamden, Connecticut
“Great little diner”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

First, this is a diner, nothing more and nothing less. Great old fashion Diner car. Maybe 6 small booths and a counter. The person taking your order might also be the one making your food. We went for breakfast. Had eggs, bacon, toast. The food came quickly. There was a list of omelets named after the various schools in Worcester.

• Visited September 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Very low-key, original Worcester Diner car”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Good food, very reasonable prices, good service. Dining in a little piece of Worcester history!!! Interesting place to take visitors from out of town!

Visited June 2012