“Great meal, not cheap, but high quality”
Review of Evo - CLOSED

Evo
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: EVO Dining opened its doors in 2008 on the corner of Park Avenue and Chandler Streets in Worcester MA. Home of Worcester's Best Chef 2013 Voted Worcester’s Best Overall Restaurant 2012Also named Best Vegan & Organic Food & Best Place to Be Seen by Worcester Living Magazine. Worcester Restaurant, EVO Dining offers health conscious menu options to please an array of tastes.The casual fine dining menu features award winning cuisine prepared with only the freshest natural and organic ingredients. To please steak lovers, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free guests alike, menu items include signature sandwiches, gourmet pizzas and flavorful entrees. Breakfast and Brunch are served on weekends, and catering options include party platters fit for easy entertaining. A full bar complete with fresh wine selections, drafts, and delicious cocktails make this the perfect place to experience the evolution in dining.
Princeton, NJ
“Great meal, not cheap, but high quality”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal here. Unfortunately, we ordered too much but since we were traveling couldn't take the rest of it with us. I am still thinking about the half pizza that we had to leave behind! We started with two appetizers, the fattoush (a cuke & tom salad with crunchy toasted pita) which was excellent and that's hard to do this time of year when tomatoes are, shall we say, not at their best? we also had the baked avocado Tuscany appetizer, which was also delicious. We then (foolishly) ordered two entrees, a pizza (pesto sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, onions, chevre with a balsamic drizzle) which, as I said above I'm still thinking about, and the black bean burgers. The black bean burgers were very good, but not quite up to the standard of the rest of the meal - in particular the roll was a little too fluffy and evervesent instead of hearty. I had asked for sugar snaps as a side to the burger but they were out of that and so I got the broccoli florets instead. those left something to be desired - a little too much fat and rather overcooked; a little more tooth would have been nice. The place was a little pricy - we were looking at about $50 all in all with no drinks of any kind, but I really enjoyed the place and would definitely go back. Our server was delightful; she lit up the room!

• Visited February 2013

Massachusetts
“Expected more....”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I expected more about EVO, heard a lot about this place lately, had to check it out. I confess that I expected a little more, you can eat much better in other places in Worcester for the money. The place itself is nice and cozy with a contemporary vibe, but the food, I just could not get what all the fuss was about. My husband order the steak and was very disapointed it was a cheap cut of meat, with no flavor whatsoever, other member in our party order the seared tuna and was very, very upset about it, very blend, to finish she order a carrot cake for dessert that was clearly in the fridge for a long time. I would love to have better things to say about this place, specially after the Worcester best chef compettition, because I did love they're sample food, but our visit was not fun, I believe we'll not going back anytime soon, my advise? Go to The Boynton stead, specially for the seared tuna.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank GraciousVacationer
EVODining, Manager at Evo, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
While we wish that your first experience dining with us left you with a better impression, we do feel it important to address the nature of your comments and point out the notes that include false information.

#1. Hanger Steak - An all natural hanger steak is anything but a cheap cut of meat, and in fact A hanger steak is a cut of beef steak prized for its flavor. It is then seasoned and served with a sauce. For this dish to lack flavor would be an impossible feat to achieve. I have included a link to some information on hanger steak for your review: http://www.naturallygrassfed.com/shop/hanger-steaks.html

#2. We do not serve a seared tuna. We served a grilled tuna and these two are very different dishes. This fresh fish is also seasoned and one of our best selling entrees, making this the first time it has been described as bland.

#3. Our carrot cake is award-winning cake that is actually made daily here due to the shear volume of cake we sell both in EVO Dining, and within a local health food store. This comment about being in a fridge for days, is also simply false.

#4. The inclusion referencing another local establishment, (by name) was a malicious comment, and in fact is a practice that fellow restauranteurs do not condone as it has no bearing, nor does it provide any useful feedback for readers or restaurants themselves.

We recognize and value the need for feedback within online communities, however we do ask for the respect of posting truthful information regarding our products and services.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Over Rated and Over Priced”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Being a business man who travels the United Stated, this place is over rated and over priced for a Sandwhich shop. I will never return. Two cheeseburgers and drinks came to 46 bucks without a tip. Go to McDonalds. It's on the same level.

1 Thank BosLegal83
Newton, Massachusetts
“A nice change”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A nice space and gorgeous bar area, if you're in the mood for a different scene and cuisine, its worth a try. Seemed to close up shop at 10, which was odd for a place that serves booze, but otherwise, a nice meal.

• Visited January 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“A great addition to Worcester”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The menu has numerous vegetarian and other options. The pizza is really good and the place has a charm and sophistication that makes it very appealing.

Visited October 2012