“Authentic Italian”

Ranked #61 of 587 Restaurants in Worcester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I visited Chiodas trattoria and was very pleased with the food. It was above average with spices but not too many, served in a very nice way. The wait staff was equally as good. Very attentive, polite and respectful, taking care of all of our needs. Very good food. I highly recommend it.

4  Thank lookingeastat48

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Horrified - If you are going to camp out at your table for hours after you eat AT LEAST leave more of a tip. You are taking money away from your server by taking up a table that another paying customer could be sitting at. And not to mention the restaurant is loosing money by not turning the table. Isn't 3+ hrs enough time? It's Saturday night, the place was packed - by asking you to move to the bar was not rude...you were rude by not leaving. I am a frequent of Chioda's and there is "no blonde hag behind the counter" - this was a classless statement. The atmosphere at Chioda's is cozy, food is always wonderful and the wait staff doesn't get better. Been to Federal Hill? I have - and I've dined at a restaurant that gives you a 2 hr max. not a big deal. The word is out - ALL MY FRIENDS/FAMILY go to Chioda's - quite the little gem - food, service, and atmosphere.

4  Thank Matthew p
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If you like italian cooking like you get at home try Chioda's. The meals are always excellent and the staff is friendly and very attentive.

Try Chioda's if you like a great home cooked Italian meal, only you don't have to do the cooking.

3  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I must say that this dinning experience was EXCELLENT in all regards, The Food, The Atmosphere, The Wait staff, and Kudos to the Kitchen. However, it didn't start off that way and in NO way was it the fault of the restaurant.
Having made a reservation for 4 for 7:30pm on a Saturday evening, we arrived a little past 7:00pm.
We expalined we were a little early but the hostess assured us that our table would be ready for us and to make ourselves comfortable at the bar. 7:30 came and went and we asked the hostess what the delay was. To our surprise, the hostess explained that two people came in around 5:00pm with no reservation but the table that we reserved was available and she sat them there thinking full well that they would appreciate a larger table, be served and finished well before 7:30 and that since it was now past 8:00pm, she would ask if they wouldn't mind moving to the bar as her 7:30 reservation for 4 would like to be seated. Apparently, this did not sit well with the two and they left in a huff. Imagine a busy weekend night and thinking you could just walk in with no reservation and spend three hours plus at a table for four without any regard to others who have been waiting patiently to expierence this little Italian gem of a restaurant. Imagine again my surprise when I came here to write a positive review and find that HORRIFIED "couldn't wait to get home fast enough" to write such a negative and viscious [stooping to name calling; Hag and sucks is viscious and uncalled for] review. Obviously this person isn't used to restaurant etiquette and common courtesy to others. I will tell ALL my friends and family to DINE HERE and often when they want Real Italian food, nice atmosphere, and friendly wait staff. Thanks Horrified, Well Worth the Wait!

5  Thank C B C
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I just left there and I couldn't get home fast enough to let everyone know what just happened to myself and my dining companion tonight. We ordered wine, appetizers, salad more wine and dinner. Apparently we "took someone's table". Can you believe the "hostess" came over to us and asked if she could move us to the bar because she had reservations for this table and the people "have been waiting for a half an hour". Can you even imagine- she sat us there!! I had no idea they had time limits on their tables- had I known this I never would have gone there. I have never in my life experienced a hostess as rude as her. The blonde hag behind the counter needs to find another profession because she sucks at this one. Someone needs to let her know that is not acceptable behavior in the restaurant business!! For the record- I will tell ALL my friends and family to NEVER dine there.

2  Thank bobdon