“Outdoor BBQ in May”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Outdoor BBQ in May”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Smokestack BBQ had their outdoor bar open yesterday so we watched the Bruins game from there. We shared a pulled pork sandwich topped with apple slaw (yum) & sweet potato fries as well as Ain't your Momma's Fried Chicken, 4 pieces of fried chicken (cereal crusted?) w/ great mac & cheese and very good collard greens. It was so nice to sit outside in May. They had heaters over the bar so even when the temp dipped down into the 60s it was warm. Good food, good atmosphere, unfortunate performance by the Bruins :( Recommended.

• Visited May 2014

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Smoke !”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Habanero and pineapple wings are a must! Pulled pork sandwich is excellent ! Wings were outstanding .

• Visited May 2014
Milford, New Hampshire
“Tasteless and over cooked”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Don't get me wrong, my wife enjoyed our first visit to Smokestack at their original location, while in Worcester two weekends ago, we both ordered the fried chicken dinner. Oh my God it was the worst fried chicken we ever had, it was reheated and next freshly cooked, flavorless and too much batter. Honestly, don't order the chicken and the same goes for the pulled pork, there was more fat then there was actual meat and the waitress never explained the bbq sauces, we had to discover that on our own. I honestly want to call the restaurant and ask if I could work in the kitchen for a couple of hours and show them how to cook southern dishes.
Well I hope this changes peoples mind if you ever think about going to this place, if you do go for the drinks, but eat some place else before you go here to drink .

• Visited April 2014
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Great Shrimp and Grits”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had some wonderful shrimp and grits here. It was listed as an appetizer, but there was enough for a luncheon portion. The meal came with about nine generous-size perfectly cooked shrimp. It also came with four point toast. It really was unnecessary to have the toast. It was only there to make it look appealing, I think. It would have been better to have had a little more grits.

My son had a half a rack of ribs with mac and cheese that was creamy and very tasty. He also had some potatoes. Portion was very generous. As others have said, the ribs are dry rub, and he enjoyed them.

My husband had the pulled pork sandwich which came with fries, and a pickle and apple cider cole slaw on top of the pulled pork. He felt it was a little dry, as is, but he added some bbq sauce that was located on the table and he was please. Tghe cole slaw was very good.

Dave, our waiter was prompt and efficient, and friendly. Families were there on this Saturday, and the place was hopping for it being lunch time. I recommend this place for BBQ aficionados. Remember--it's dry rub.

• Visited April 2014
Boylston, Massachusetts
“Not their best”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the Smokestack Rita to drink, it basically tasted like water with a little bit of flavoring and loaded with ice. We ordered the All In burger wich had a delicious blend of flavors, the only problem was our burgers were overcooked(my medium rare and hubby's medium were both well but still tasty) The string fries were perfectly seasoned. I must say we were well taken care of and will return again.

2 Thank fabspot