“Outstanding Asian food, artfully presented in a dignified restaurant”
Review of Pho Dakao

Pho Dakao
Ranked #36 of 578 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Asian food, artfully presented in a dignified restaurant”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The variety at Pho Dakao is amazing and every dish we've tried has been tasty and beautifully presented. When a dish wasn't to our liking (selection of vegetables limited) it was instantly remade to suit our tastes.
The portions are generous so don't overorder. One can always order more and dishes will arrive quickly.
Prices are good value and we eat here at least monthly.

• Visited March 2012

Worcester, Massachusetts
“best soup”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

If you havent tried the soup and a shake, it's a must! The chicken & beef soup is the best aound.

Visited February 2012
Madison, Wisconsin USA
“Unmatched quality, value and pleasant ambiance”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My daughter and her Vietnamese fiancee took me to their favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Worcester, MA - -Pho Dakao. Nothing fancy, but clean, modern, and nicely quiet. Good sized restaurant, and truly authentic. We all had "summer rolls," to start, which is the Vietnamese-type shrimp, lemon grass, and veggie roll, that is NOT deep fried. Subtle and flavorful, and served with a peanut based dipping sauce. We all then had an "extra large" bowl of the Vietnamese national dish "pho." A mammoth bowl of soup, laden with your choice of meat (beef, chicken, pork), loaded with fresh rice noodles and all manner of herbs and veggies. It was mammoth, and utterly delicious. Truly authentic. Beware of the freshly cut innocuous looking green chilies, set along with the bamboo shoots and special leafy herbs on a plate, which you then add to the soup. DON'T TOUCH THEM, or you'll swear that Lucifer served them up. My favorite item though was the freshly brewed green tea- -knocked my socks off. Modestly priced, it was a great experience, and one that I'll miss. I don't usually applaud any restaurant too highly, but Pho Dakao deserves a standing ovation.

• Visited February 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Authentic and fantastic”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Been here half a dozen times. The food is authentic Vietnamese and fantastic. Even my Vietnamese friends eat here when they go out. The bowls of soup are huge and packed with what you're looking for and taste. And inexpensive to boot. Good size restaurant with a cozy feel. Great staff too. If you're looking for authentic Vietnamese food, go here.

Barre
“If I could only go to one restaurant for the rest of my life it would be this one!!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Not only is the atmosphere great, the service awesome but the food is to die for!!! My husband and I started going to Pho Dakaos years ago and every time I go the food just gets better and better. Between the both of us we have tried everything on the menu and everything has been great. Wtih their fresh ingredients, amazing beef and reasonable prices I would and have recommended this restaurant to everyone I meet.

• Visited February 2012