“Arrogant service, lousy food”
Review of Viva Bene Ristorante - CLOSED

Viva Bene Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

It was mid-afternoon prior to NCAA hockey games at the DCU. Seven family and friends chose this place to enjoy a meal together. We were wrong. Immediately the waiter got unruly when we said we were interested in quicker meals than the dinner menu. Apparently we were not the first that afternoon. Hey, your place is across the street from an arena - get used to it! First, the waiter brought me a beer can that looked like it had rolled around a butcher shop floor for a week. It was filthy - I suspect on purpose. The garlic bread app was ok. Two meals were good, meatball spagetti and bacon scallops. Two antipasto chix salads smelled funky and did not look appealing at all. Another garden salad was a little better but below average. The wait after we ordered was long and one order was forgotten (they didn't even have any left). We first declined a replacement order, but the obnoxious waiter insisted, so we ordered a calzone. It came eventually, but was so horrible it wasn't eaten. I wish we would have had hot dogs in the arena instead.

1  Thank pom-d-tr

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I made the mistake of ordering the sirloin. The spices were perfect, but the steak was thin and overlooked. Another in our party had steak on skewers, she said it was very fatty, and didn't eat the meat. The pastas were all reported to be very, very good, which makes sense. When you go to an Italian Restaurant, order Italian food! My mistake!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Viva Bene is located right behind the DCU Center and very close to St. V's Hospital which makes it a terrific location for dinner before a DCU event. They have their own small parking lot, for their diners only, which makes for easy access. My husband and I were there on a Wednesday evening for dinner. Neither one of us had an italian dish but we watched as many passed us by. The portions are generous! I ordered salmon which was cooked to perfection which came with rice mixed with vegetables and black beans. The only area which fell a little short were the desserts. They offered just the typical Chocolate Lava Cake, Cheesecake, tiaramisu, and one or 2 others. The price range seemed to be from $13 to $24 as of (10/2012). Over all, a very good dining experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

After reading some of the reviews, I was very nervous about using a groupon here. I need not have been. Very pleasent decoration and seating areas. Attentive service. We shared a pasta main as starter. Very good. Lovely fresh bread as well. For main my wife had the Salmon in marsal, she loved it. I had a pizza, which was delicious. Excellent wine measures as well.
Maybe the place has new managment/staff. i don't know, but we enkoyed it,and would reccomend.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Overall, I do agree with past reviews that criticized the food at Viva Bene, like too salty,
salads over-dressed, metallic tasting tomato sauce etc.. We finally went on a Tuesday in Oct. 2012, using our Groupon. Out of 4 people, I was the only one with a well-done dish, which happened to be a special with pasta and seafood. The tomato-Vodka sauce was tasty, the scallops,shrimp, and swordfish were tender, fresh and not overdone. My Caesar's Salad was very lightly dressed, a plus for me, tasty and crispy. More galic and lemon would have been nice, but that's my own personal taste. Our waiter was very pleasant. While commenting on the
mispellings in the menu and on thier website, the waiter told me that the owners are NOT Italian,
but Persian. Maybe explains the mispellings and Not-So-Good Italian dishes. My wifes "first" soup was so salty that she sent it back in exchange for the Minestrone Soup, not as bad. Her eggplant was extremely oily, yet the Veal was tender. Needless to say, she left behind all the eggplant.
The Chicken Parmesan was also disappointing for the other 2 members of our party. Chicken was overcooked and the tomato sauce was again, metallic and bitter.
Service was prompt, waiter enjoyable, atmosphere very pleasant. Improve some of the food
preparations and quality, and you've got a nice place to dine at.