“Very pedestrian” 3 of 5 bubbles

Funky Murphy's
Ranked #283 of 566 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kitchen Open Till' 1 am Seven Nights a Week! $4 Build Your Own Burger Sunday Thru Thursday after 10:30pm
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Very pedestrian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Funky Murphy's is a fun little bar. If you go only expecting that, you won't be disappointed. As a restaurant, however, it leaves much to be desired. I ordered the Turkey Pot Pie Special for $9.99.
There are several such specials on the menu, but be forewarned that a drink purchase is required in the order. The pot pie itself was very pedestrian and bland, and barely above a frozen one in quality. The apple pie for dessert was not offered alamode, and tasted as if it had come from a box. Soft drinks were not refilled free of charge, as they are at most modestly priced restaurants these days. This is not a place I would choose to dine again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Worcester, Massachusetts
“a great place to meet friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

their cuts of prime beef they have two choices
King cut or Queen cuts which is out of this world ,
also you can eat outside in the summertime or you can watch sports on their tv with friends

Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Typical sports bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Looks good in summer, just been there in winter, quite busy, ok service, good beer choice. Alright if you fancy a beer. Typical pub really, amongst many others on the same street of tough competition...

worcester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“extremely rude Doorman!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Awful doorman!
honestly dont go...this guy was such a jerk its unbelievable. I walk in and say "hello" and he doesnt say anything., then I ask if we can sit outside and he says "only if there is enough seating for your party." Really?!?!?! there are two of us! OMG...terrible

• Visited July 2012
Cherry Valley, Massachusetts, United States
“WORST SERVICE IN WORCESTER !!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Had the very worst experience I ever had in my life at this Restaurant. If your not a regular Don't go they don't make you feel welcome at all. Very Rude and Snotty People work here.. I was called a Liar and they wouldn't take my $5.00 in quarters So I could play Keno while I waited for the 5pm dinner special. That's when I told him all i have is quarters and that's how I was going to pay for my Drink that's when he called me a Liar and told me to dump out my purse and prove I said you can not make me do that then he said he would call the cops on me REALY!!! I'm like go for it.... so any hoot drank my drink couldn't even stand to stay for dinner, so I left my quarters on the Bar and as I walked out he shouted at me and said don't ever come back... So your call but I would not recommend this place to anyone ever!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2012