“Typical sports bar” 3 of 5 bubbles

Funky Murphy's
Ranked #283 of 566 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kitchen Open Till' 1 am Seven Nights a Week! $4 Build Your Own Burger Sunday Thru Thursday after 10:30pm
Boston, Massachusetts
“Typical sports bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Looks good in summer, just been there in winter, quite busy, ok service, good beer choice. Alright if you fancy a beer. Typical pub really, amongst many others on the same street of tough competition...

worcester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“extremely rude Doorman!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Awful doorman!
honestly dont go...this guy was such a jerk its unbelievable. I walk in and say "hello" and he doesnt say anything., then I ask if we can sit outside and he says "only if there is enough seating for your party." Really?!?!?! there are two of us! OMG...terrible

• Visited July 2012
Cherry Valley, Massachusetts, United States
“WORST SERVICE IN WORCESTER !!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Had the very worst experience I ever had in my life at this Restaurant. If your not a regular Don't go they don't make you feel welcome at all. Very Rude and Snotty People work here.. I was called a Liar and they wouldn't take my $5.00 in quarters So I could play Keno while I waited for the 5pm dinner special. That's when I told him all i have is quarters and that's how I was going to pay for my Drink that's when he called me a Liar and told me to dump out my purse and prove I said you can not make me do that then he said he would call the cops on me REALY!!! I'm like go for it.... so any hoot drank my drink couldn't even stand to stay for dinner, so I left my quarters on the Bar and as I walked out he shouted at me and said don't ever come back... So your call but I would not recommend this place to anyone ever!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Worcester
“Good Food Service Not so Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Visited on Sunday late afternoon in June. Sat outside. Ordered New England chowder, which was delicious...as good if not better than as the high priced restaurants, e.g., Legal, Sole Proprietor, Anthony's Pier 4 and others. Calamari was very good, also. Waitress had the personality of "lint"...never smiled, not particularly helpful or prompt. However, given the quality of the food, we'll definitely go back and probably soon.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Worcester, Massachusetts
“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Told to leave restaurant after getting served and ordering food because of 2 inch sleeves a male. a woman had a wife beater on and was allowed to stay.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Funky Murphy's? Share your experiences!