“Very attentive staff”

Dining options: Reservations
Rutland, Massachusetts
“Very attentive staff”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Used a groupon recently and found the meal well worthed the price. Portions were generous and overall, well prepared. One of the owners was very attentive and wanted feedback about the foods that we ate. He was also very willing to accept suggestions. Our appetizer, sauteed Calamari in tomato sauce was tasty and tender. Only tentacles however; and the smallest ones I've every eaten. My wife got the Tripe in tomato sauce and loved it. Not often when you find this dish in a restuarant and well done. I got the homemade Cavatelli with Broccoli and Chicken. Good sized portion, tasty and very satisfying. I did find the pasta a bit overcooked for my taste, the chicken pieces too thin and dry, but overall, well worth the cost. BYOB a big plus for people on a budget. Liquor store across the street for convenience.

• Visited April 2013

Worcester, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner at Caffe Espresso”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We arrived there with another couple that was coming for the first time .Where should I start ,from the moment we got there till we left was nothing but the greatest experience we have ever had .Atmosphere ,service and the most important the food is something that makes this place the best restaurant in Worcester .We will be coming back again and again .Thank you and keep up the great job

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Eva V
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“AUTHENTIC ITALIAN WITHOUT THE FLUFF”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had dinner at this restaurant last friday and my experience was anything but Great!
The atmosphere, food and service was really impressive and I will definitely be back again soon. I was glad to find out that they also do catering!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank R T
Rhode Island
“Glad it expanded”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

First the address listed is old Caffe Espresso's address is 395 Chandler Street, Worcester, MA.

This is also a very busy restaurant and they don't take reservations. So either come early or be prepared for a long wait on weekends.

The food is OK. Nothing really wrong with it and very popular. The BYOB of course makes it a real bargain. I also like the adventuresome nature of their food.

When I was their I had the wild boar over pasta. Of course the boar did not taste anything like wild boar (think pork on steroids), but it was edible. It tasted more like bolognese sauce more than anything. The vegetable soup was also OK but lacked depth.

All in all quite adequate, but nothing special.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank xTallyrand
Rutland, Massachusetts
“Disappointment”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went here recently and was impressed by the ambiance and cleanliness, felt a bit like we were in Italy. The waitresses were very, very pleasant and more than eager to please. We got there early and it was almost packed by 6:00 p.m. But the food was a big disappointment, not what we expected. The bread was a bit tasteless, yet light. Mixed my own dipping sauce with what was there on the table, olive oil, Parmesean cheese & pepper flakes, but no garlic! The dressing on my salad had no zip to it and my husband's soup was cool. The Calamari was excellent with the peppers, but had to ask for marinara dipping sauce to go with it. My main course was the biggest disappointment & the most expensive....Veal medallions with a garlic white sauce but it was more like olive oil with no garlic and the veal was as thin as cardboard, the texture of shoe leather drenched in oil! Whoever pounded out that veal to tenderize it that day must have been taking out all their aggressions on it!!!! If they added salt it would have made a mean bacon! Worst of all, it was cool by the time it was served. I wish now that I had sent it back not only to reheat but to switch to something else. The pasta came separate on the side and I ordered it with red sauce. It was ok. Ended up having the Tiramisu which was the smallest piece I had ever gotten for $6.00, but absolutely delicious! Could have eaten another piece or two!!!! This place cannot compare or even come close to Dino's or Leo Truro's in Worcester. Don't expect me back here again!

• Visited September 2012