“Sad its Gone”
Review of Widoff's Modern Bakery - CLOSED

Widoff's Modern Bakery
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Was shocked to arrive from CT to find it forever closed. The best rye in Worcester. No other local bakery comes close. Crispy exterior, well flavored moist inside. Is greatly missed, and a shame when it closed.

Reviewed February 19, 2015 via mobile

Just across the street from Weintraub's Jewish Deli is Widoff's Modern Bakery...the name reads modern...but this bakery is all that is great and delicious about old fashioned. They have the best of everything you remember as a child and then some great new items. First of all, I have to mention the rye breads...dark, light, and light rye with caraway seeds. They have one and two-pound loaves...sliced in the old fashioned slicers or left whole. Every time we are in tbe Blackstone Valley, we reroute to Worcester to secure several loaves of various Jewish ryes. They freeze well...we bring back to our friends in Portland. You just cannot find this delicious bread any place today. Imitations pale in comparison to Widoff's. Widoff's also has fabulous buns snd rolls...cream puffs, lemon and raspberry squares...turnovers, hermits (remember those??), brownies, cakes, all kinds of cookies...and amazing pies of all kinds. You can order ahead for birthdays and other celebrations. A trip down bakery memory lane...well worth the ride to Massachusetts.

Reviewed September 14, 2014

I'm 65 years old and I remember coming here when I was kid. It was a different time and Water St. was a different place back then. There were a couple of choices on the street but my Dad always took me there. The rye bread is still great and it is still worth a trip from the Burbs.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find, but my advice is not to travel there at morning rush hour ! Plenty of out front parking- very helpful staff that identified and described the rolls and breads of the day - of course I devoured a roll (Bulkie) in the car on the 20 minute ride back- very good!! Also tried light seeded rye and an eclair (yum). Excellent find !!

2  Thank 1lacrosse
Reviewed October 3, 2013

They even added flowers to this 7-layer anniversary cake! We will soon be ordering another cake. Thank you for making our family celebrations a little more special.

1  Thank la404