“never again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piccolo's Italian Restaurant

Piccolo's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 566 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Plum Street
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went to this place recently after 1 great and one so-so experience years back...never again.
The lobster on my dish was bad,I spit it out right away, the chicken in it tasted off too. I told the waitress and she offered to have the kitchen remake it. I declined saying I would just eat the pasta on the dish. (you get one shot to serve me food that's not spoiled)
The manager came and told us that they receive fresh shipments of seafood every day but agreed when I said "okay, you get fresh shipments every day but you're not telling me you throw out all the seafood from the day before right?"
After finishing the pasta the waitress asked if I wanted the lobster and chicken wrapped up to go...seriously? Umm...no.
The bill comes and we were charged full price for the dish...really???
I wouldn't have minded paying for the pasta that I ate, that seems fair but paying for spoiled lobster and chicken...not cool Piccolos.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank pickygal093

Massachusetts
“Amazing Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went here for the first time during Restaurent Week 2013 on a Tuesday night. It was one of the best meals that I have had in a very long time. The food was extremely flavorful and fresh. The service was great and I had a really good experience. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
Sequim, Washington
“Nice waitress, but horrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My mother and I were staying in Auburn so we decided to try out this place. Parking seemed to only be on the street, people were sitting right outside the door smoking and drinking, so it wasn't all that quiet to start with. the hotel we were staying at said we could leave our dogs in the room, but before getting our food, she called us and said that someone had knocked on the door and now they wouldn't stop barking. just a precursor to the rest of the story. anyways. we sat down, ordered a chocolate martini to split, my mom ordered a salad, some fried/breaded eggplant, and i ordered the caprese salad; we both ordered fettuccine for dinner. I got the normal fettuccine with spinach and egg noodles without the ham, and it was supposed to come with peas which never came, mom got just the egg noodles with just bream and butter, no cheese or anything else. when the apps came, moms salad never came, so she canceled it because she didnt want to wait, and the eggplant was just sauteed, no breading, and just very oily so she sent it back and told them to not bother making it again, but they still brought it back, looking almost as bad as the first plate. my caprese salad had great tomatoes, but the mozzarella (which was buffalo, so i knew there would be a different flavor anyways - i typically like it), it tasted rancid. i finished the tomatoes, but left most of the cheese on the plate. before the main dinner came, we got the call from the hotel, so we told the waitress we would take the dinner to go. once we got back to the hotel, we ate only a few bites of the fettuccine each, it tasted odd, and looked very curdled. i ended up getting extreme stomach pains and was vomiting all night, and my mother, who ate less than i did, still got sick. we both spent the next day in the bed. when i called them the day after and told the woman who answered the phone what happened, she took my name and number and said someone would call me back. no one did and my mother called, got the same treatment. called again a few more times, only to have the phone hung up. i waited about a week to write this because i was hoping it would be taken care of. the bill was $66 and we gave the waitress a $10 tip, even though we weren't there long. this is a pitiful excuse for fine dining.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CLBowden
otgwk
“Happy to get a last minute reservation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The restaurant was pretty crowded on Saturday night, but I was able to secure a last minute reservation for 10. The table was ready when we arrived. Service was decent, especially considering how crowded it was. The only issue we had was the two orders of garlic bread did not come out as an appetizer, they came with the food. Not really what we were looking for. The food was pretty good, portion sizes were generous. I ordered the chicken and broccoli rabe. It was well prepared, tender chicken and al dente broccoli rabe. The whole dish was a bit bland and could have used some salt (I added from the shaker). My friend seemed to enjoy her seafood dish, as she licked the plate clean. My daughter's dish came piled high with mushrooms, even though she requested no mushrooms. The restaurant was very noisy. Overall we were happy to get in last minute with 10 people, the food was ok, the prices were a little high($20 for two garlic bread appetizers) and the atmosphere was very noisy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank otgwk
Sutton, Massachusetts
“A refreshing return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've known chef John Piccolo for many years but had fallen out of the habit of his fine restaurant due to sampling so many new ones in the Worcester area. My return was spur of the moment -didn't feel like cooking - first seating. Nice to be greeted by the chef and 3 lovely ladies at the door. We were shown to our table in a smallish dining room after sharing pleasantries with the staff. Service was quick and efficient with John's delicious fresh bread and dipping sauce. Both the veal parm and the veal chop were outstanding dishes, piping hot and abundant in size. We'll be back soon!

• Visited January 2013