“Favorite Italian on Shrewsbury Street”

Piccolo's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 575 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Plum Street
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Favorite Italian on Shrewsbury Street”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Piccolo's is an old fashioned Italian restaurant where they make the pasta by hand. It's not a fancy place, but the food is always great. Portions are large and home made sauces are wonderful. the only drawback is service can be very slow at times. It's located right in the heart of Worcester's Little Italy. An established, basic, consistent restaurant.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank kayak41952

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Creative Italian with nice atmosphere”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

A nice experience on a busy New Years eve. Was very lucky to fnd last minute table for 9 via Opentable and after booking Manager called me to let me know Table was ready when we were (he let us know we had time before the next so not just a ploy to get us out early). Service was a little brusque but it was a busy night. Menu was quite short for these parts but a good selection. All our food was excellent and only mark them down on choice of kids food. Pasta, Kids pizza, usual - but the quality was still very good.
Nice olde worlde setting with wood panelling and characterful decor and good buzz - not noisy

We will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Honestguv
New York, USA
“Very good Italian food, best in Worcester!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Being a New Yorker, I sometimes find the Italian food in restaurants in Massachusetts to be too heavy, relying on too many cream based suaces. Piccolo's was much lighter and more flavorful. The service was great and the Sinatra soundtrack added to the ambiance. We had a onderful time and definitely would go back.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank RTRACY
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food so good that it would almost make me consider driving from NYC”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Just had our second visit to Piccolo's this evening and can honestly say that this is among the best Italian food I've found anywhere. Funky older room with good staff and a terrific owner who pays amazing personal attention (in fact, he remembered me from when I called to make the reservation). What did we eat? Perfectly fried calamari, really interesting salad with gorgonzola, dried cranberries and apples (much better than a similar salad I had at Bobby Flay's Bar Americain two nights ago), and then a pasta special with spicy ground lamb, red onions, spinach and goat cheese. Wow.

As I told the owner, we live in NYC, come up for a hockey tournament once a year, and Piccolo's has become the highlight of the trip for my son (all of 12 years old and a budding foodie) and me. Sorry to see the folks who wrote the below review never got to eat, because the food really is terrific (and this from someone who ate at Mario Batali's Babbo last week). Not sure I'd move out of NYC for Worcester (sorry guys), but this food's almost enough to make we want to drive 3 hours more than once a year!

1 Thank Westchgolf
Central Mass.
“probably not the place for dieters”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Waitress did not crack a smile the entire time we were there. Most of the menu items are not "diet-friendly"--pasta & (fattening) sauces with most meals, though I was able to substitute the grilled vegetable for pasta. No one in our party of 4 was able to finish their meal (the pasta or the eggplant, which looked unusually thick & heavily breaded/fried). The restaurant itself was nice looking, but the atmosphere in the room was LOUD--we caught the eye of some older folks at the next table, who were clearly suffering as we were, due to the noise level--couldn't hear the folks at your own table. No water was served without asking, the iced tea was not offered unsweetened, & they didn't have iced coffee on a hot summer day. The salmon was tasty; too bad it was covered with a sauce. If you like sauces, pasta, & are not worried about calories, you might feel differently than we did.

2 Thank travelerCentralMass