“Above average eats and atmosphere”

Mezcal Tequila Cantina
Ranked #23 of 574 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rte 9
Description: Mezcal pioneered the flavors of the Southwest to Worcester. Blending traditional Mexican plates with the colors and flavors of the increasingly popular Southwestern U.S. cuisine, Mezcal has been a hit since day one. Add in made to order guacamole, an unrivaled tequila list and outdoor seating to make the decision that much easier. Mezcal’s exceptional service, warm hospitality and amazing value make it a choice worth considering again and again. Mezcal Tequila Cantina is part of Niche Hospitality Group.
Littleton, Massachusetts
“Above average eats and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

ny far if you are looking for Mexican around the Worcester area. this is the place. They make great Guacomole and are very resonable in price. Have been there with large groups and small, the food is consistantly good and the beer selection is good too. A must try for the Worcester area.

• Visited October 2013

Wicklow
“Ticks all the boxes for a nice night out!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Great service, great atmosphere & most of all great food. Visted recently with my husband & we enjoyed a lovely relaxed informal dining experience. Our waitress was very well informed, helpful & attentive. After our meal we were able to sit & relax at the bar & finishour drinks. Marguerites seems to be the house favourite & the guacamole lived up to its name! Great place to get together with finds for a nice meal & cocktails. Food served until 1am (on Saturday night we were there at least) you can also book online.

• Visited August 2013
Charlton, Massachusetts, United States
“The best Mexican food around”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stopped in with a party of four at 4p.m. and we were lucky to get a table. The place was completely filled up by 4.30. This was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. We had a variety of items from all parts of the menu, and everything was fantastic. The 75.00 dinner for 4 was more than we could finish. The guacamole was to die for. The service was outstanding. They actually have friendly servers that know how to treat a guest. I cannot wait to go back here. next time I will definitely make a reservation because the place is filled 30 minutes after opening. I highly recommend Mezcal to anyone looking for a great dining experience in the Worcester .

Hingham, Massachusetts
“Delicious Mexican food (especially guacamole) and great Margarita selections!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were picking my son up from camp in Connecticut and thought we would stop off in Worcester for lunch on the ride back home to Boston. There was a restaurant we had heard of called "Mezcal Tequila Cantina" but just had never gotten around to it that we thought we would try. Boy, are we glad we did. Like I said we had never been there before but it was pretty easy to find. There is on street parking. We found a spot and parked that was just one building down.

When we dine we look for three things: informed, attentive service; presentation of the meal itself; and delicious food/beverages. Eliot, our waiter, was very knowledgeable without being pretentious. He took the time to explain the vision of the restaurant and provided great suggestions on what to try to get the full Mezcal experience. His passion shone through. You could tell he loved his job and he loved the restaurant. He wasn't trying to turn the table. He just wanted us to have a great experience which we did.

We started off with the Guacamole Tasting flight which included three different types of Guac. We chose: the "House"; "Tropical"; and the featured guac of the day - "Italian Stallion". The presentation was beautiful and all three were delicious. We also ordered the Golden Fried Jalapeno Rice Balls.

For drinks we deferred to Eliot for his recommendation for the perfect Margarita as their tequila list is extensive. We tried a few different types and they were all good.

For entrees my wife sampled some of their tacos blending a couple from the $2 taco list (Adobo Chicken and Ground Turkey) and a couple from the specialty taco list @ $4 each (Asian Beef & Fried Shrimp). My daughter had the Chicken Quesadilla @ $9 while my son and I had the Adobo Chicken Burritos @ $9 with mine having the sauce on it and his not. The presentation of the entrees was exquisite. I know it sounds funny to say but the presentation of my burrito was beautiful and colorful - as well as delicious!

We capped off the meal by sharing an order of the Fried Ice Cream. It was so tasty I thought my son was going to eat it all.

Colchester, Vermont, United States
“Great service and super food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went out with a larger group, 7 of us, for my wife's birthday. About every rating service has Mezcal as the top or one of the top two Mexican restaurants in Worcester. Their rating is well deserved. The service was OUTSTANDING! The waiter was super friendly and engaging. He knew the bar and food menu inside and out and made great recommendations. We had two pitchers of margaritas. Both were excellent. Several at the table saying the best they've had. The food was also superb. Three people had burritos, three had a variety of tacos, and I had one of the house specialties, the Shrimp with Chorizo Risotto - I would definitely order that again! Everyone enjoyed the burritos and tacos. Was it the best Mexican food I've ever had. No, I've lived in AZ, SoCal and TX, but good Mexican is rare in New England, so Mezcal gets good marks.