“Caring waitstaff and amazing food”
Review of Haiku Restaurant - CLOSED

Haiku Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highland St.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I came in for dinner wuth my boyfriend. We were greeted immediately by the friendliest waitstaff. When we were taken to our table we were informed that on top of the extensive menu there were tons of wonderful specials. Also the chef can and will pretty much mak anything you like.

Drink selection was awesome we had a magomojito and dirty martini. Great. Then we had a Sushi Pizza! So fun! It was great I decided on the surf and turf maki, a besemie mucho, and a Nutty Kenzo. My boyfriend had an enormous steak all of which were absolute perfection.

I would eat here everyday if I could. Knowaldgable caring staff that really seem to care that everyone has a great experience. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I just love this place and don't get there nearly as often as I'd like. Recently visited for a quiet birthday lunch on a Tuesday afternoon and a louder Saturday night party of 8 dinner in which we used a groupon. Both very different experiences but equally wonderful. The staff are all wonderful...welcoming and warm and truly care that you have a great dining experience.

While I've loved everything I've eaten at Haiku I do have my favorites...like 'Nutty Tuna' appetizer...it's a must try...one bite and you'll be back for more... 'Besame Mucho' and 'Crunchy Lobster' sushi rolls. It's almost impossible to make a menu choice mistake.

If you have a large party and are going during prime time Friday/Saturday nights it's probably best to make a reservation. They have lunch specials that enable guests to order from a limited menu in order to get in and out while enjoying their noontime sushi...but if you can afford the extra time you can always order from the main menu any time of the day.

An awesome place for those who really enjoy and appreciate good Sushi!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

That was our 1st time at Haiku. Thanks to groupon! ($60 buys you $120 value for 4).
Tuesday eve was quite. Reservation was not needed (thought I made one).

You are bit limited while using the groupon. You can't order any meals from the menu for $120, but 1*appetizer*per person + 6 sushi rolls per party of 4.
We were 2 adults + 2 kids. Salad as an appetizer + 6 rolls were good for us.
Everything was SO testy! Avokado salad (+ crab meat) is delicious.

They do have a limitation (for groupon) to limit your choice of sushi rolls to those are up to $12. We asked if we might order more expensive ones and add the diff. The answer was yes (after consulting with the chef). Nice!

Deserts are excellent! Choco tiramisu + banana--with-ginger-icecream-with-homemade-souce - were amazing!

Decor is very pleasant. Service was exelent!

So no complains at all! We had a great time.
The only issue (?) is a pricing.

If we were not using a groupon, we were spending ~$150 for evening (before tips).
Considering we didn't have any alcohogol and only 2 deserts portions (and not too many sushi, i could have another roll) - pretty pricey, isn't it?
Other than that we had great experience!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I went to Hauku last night. We started with Martinis, they have an excellent drink menu, very interesting creations! We had the Lobster Bisque, which was wonderful. Then we had one of the best tuna dishes I've ever had... Nutty Tuna... tuna, lime juice,avocado, cilantro, jalapenos, granola, crushed almonds and a fabulous sauce, served with these thin white crackers things. OH MY!!! Soooooooooo good!!! We ordered 3 Maki Rolls... Shrewsbury,Worcester and the Dragon. Here's where the meal fell short, The rolls were just ok. In fact we didn't even finish the Worcester Roll which had beef tenderloin in it. I think we may have made the wrong roll chioces, our server had recommended them. I think we should have made our own choices as the choice on the Nutty Tuna was my husband's. We will go back and try other rolls. The non Sushi menu looked wonderful too, maybe we will try that next time. One thing for sure, my husband and I will get the Nutty Tuna, one for him and one for me!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had dinner the other night for the 1st time and found it to be a delight. I will be back again. I found the service good, the food tasty and the price very reasonable. I had the sushi and found the spicy tuna rools to be awesome along with the ell and tunas shashimi. I would be happy bringing anyone along with me, it is a good place at a good price. Enjoy :)