“Great Tapas - good wine list”
Review of Bocado

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grafton
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a number of times over the past few years and never been disappointed. The menu seems to have developed over the years to include some Asian inspired dishes.

The charcuteria and cheese board is a nice way to start. Pretty nice selection. I have to say the house smoked duck breast is kind of lame as it lacks that smokey flavor and it comes out dryish - the rest of the stuff is top-notch. The cheeses are all great

From there on to the tapas as such. In my opinion the real test of a tapas bar is to see how well they make the classic dishes. Bocado's Tortilla Espanol is delicious, it has the right ratio of egg to potato. The Gambas Al Ajillo are garlicky good and shrimps are perfectly cooked. The albondigas are to die for - the figs and blue cheese is a perfect addition to this dish. Another couple of favorites of mine are the Venison Flank Steak, Rabbit, tuna de bocado. I guess you can't really go wrong.

They have a pretty good wine list in general and an excellent wine list for Spanish wines. They have some excellent Priorats at very descent prices.

I yet have to try the Paellas, I will try that the next time if I get through the Tapas menu - I doubt that I will.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went here with friends, not knowing what to expect.
The bill for two of us was over $130, thanks to the sangria.

Though the food was good, the sangria tasty, it certainly wasn't worth the cost.

They do have good service, but the room gets very loud and takes away from the atmosphere.

I don't think we're going to return.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this place. I've been there a couple times now. Every single thing I've ordered was absolutely delicious. My mouth literally waters when I think of this place. It is definitely worth the drive! The service is extremely helpful and very professional. Everything comes out in a timely manner regardless of how busy it is there! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! No questions asked best restaurant I've EVER been to, and hands down best food I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying!

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

In brief, looking for food around the turnpike while taking a trip from Connecticut. Was happy to find an actual eatery instead of fast
Food. No way would I have predicted such a pleasant find at eleven at night.
The food was excellent, in particular the fried goat cheese. Service was spot on and very efficient in finding and addressing our needs. Courtney was excellent.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The food was delicious! We were a party of 14. They were not able to put us at one table so we were split across 2 tables. The sangria was delicious and the mixed drinks were great. The fried goat cheese, haddock fingers, the green dip(sorry I can't remember what it was) the meat and cheese board and the desserts were delicious. The paella is nit that great. We ordered a ton of food and ate all of it. Our servers were excellent and offered suggestions. They were a pleasure. A couple of things were a challenge. The seats are higher and if you are short, your feet dangle. It was uncomfortable for some of our petite friends and we had to do a shift so they could sit on the booth side. The lighting is absolutely awful. It was a joke as we all took out our iphones to use the flashlight app to read the menu. The rest of the restaurant saw what we were doing and everyone started to do it. The restaurant is also very loud. It is nearly I possible to have an intimate conversation. We did go on a Saturday night when it was crowded. My suggestion would be to go during the week. I was there last year for my birthday during the week and it was great. They do have complimentary valet parking. Take advantage of that. I would definately go back for the food, but I sure wish they would change the wattage on their light bulbs. Prices are a bit on the expensive side., but the quality of the food is good.