“Fantastic Food but not Like Home cooking”
Review of VIA Italian Table

VIA Italian Table
Ranked #13 of 606 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hill Street
Description: In the beautiful hills of Tuscany, and in the cities and villages that dot the countryside we discovered a simple food paradise which we were eager to bring closer to home. We created VIA to offer you those culinary gems from our visits to Italy in combination with old family recipes, as well as American favorites. VIA captures the rare rustic charm of Italian cooking and dining. Italians love to eat outdoors, so we have created a beautiful four-season patio at VIA, so our guests can dine al fresco whenever possible. VIA is the essence of Italian dining - full of charm and great aromas with our open kitchen, complete with brick-oven bread, baked daily; hearty meats, such as tenderloin, pork and chicken slowly turning and roasting on our spit, and the joys of gelato being created right before your eyes. Like Italy, our inspiration, VIA is a picture of contrasts. The restaurant is both urban and rural, sophisticated and casual, old world and remarkably new. It is a place where singles mingle with families, where private conversations are had among festive celebrations. With this environment and our attention to detail where fresh good foods are concerned, the simple act of dining feels like a joyous occasion. In Italian, VIA means "the way." Come to VIA and enjoy "the way" we embrace our travel memories, our family recipes, and American traditions which are so important to us.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Via is considered as one of the few upscale Italian restaurants in Worcester, and I have to say that there aren't many around. It has a modern look to it and I really do like the bar area. The only issue with the "ambiant" there was that it is extremely loud when they are busy. But the place makes up for it when they open the patio during spring and summer.

Food wise, you have to look at it as their version of Italian gastronomy. The chef there always cooks the meats and fish to perfection and their sauces are amazing, at least to my humble taste buds. The prices might be a little bit high when compared to other places but it is totally worth since the ingredients are of high quality. There portions are also hug but I am not a big fan of that as I usually concern myself with how the food tastes. For this reason, I prefer to go there for lunch when the portions are smaller. The wine list is descent but there are a few wines that I would like to see on their list.

Overall, I like this place and I do recommend it for an enjoyable Italian meal

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food was good. but the visit was ruined by the theft of my cell phone from the table, where i had left it under my napkin. Within 10 minutes, we returned to the restaurant, the table had just been cleared, (no other customers were seated when we left), and all staff said "we didn't see it". Seems from like stories, that this is a common experience in restaurants, not just Via. No help from the Management.

2  Thank bluesteele
Reviewed January 19, 2014

An outstanding restaurant that has it all--delicious food, great atmosphere, and excellent service. Four of us ate here and had shrimp scampi, chicken piccata, veal scallopine, and veal parmigan. The appetizer, calamari was superb. The asparagus and antipasto salads were second to none. The Sam Adams lager draft beer was smooth as was the Knob Creek bourbon. Topped all this off with a delicious brownie sundae (only one of us ordered desert). I rate this restaurant and service as outstanding.

The tel. number of this restaurant is 508-754-4842; their website is www.viaitaliantable.com.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I have now been to Via at least 10 times in the past two years. Each time I'm hoping it will be so much more than it is. The atmosphere is wonderful & service is great. The down fall is the over priced food, that isn't all that great. Paying $20 for meatballs and spaghetti is ridiculous and my grandmothers are much better. However, if you want to go therefor drinks, apps and dessert you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

If you are looking for a delicious meal, you have found the place! I have visited this restaurant on three different occasions and had multiple very different items off their menu...and all of them were mouthwatering. Recommend the shrimp scampi and the sorbet that is made in house with flavors of the season is delicious!