“Enjoy”

Hilton Garden Inn Worcester
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
“Enjoy”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Staff was helpful and friendly. Rooms are very well done, bed was comfortable but our room was located toward the busy street ( located near St.Vincent hospital and the Centrum). Trying getting and interior room. Parking is across the street in parking garage (valet parking is available).

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally thank you for your business and invite you back whenever you are traveling to the Worcester area. It was a pleasure serving you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed in the city of Worcester due to
some unfortunate circumstances, but was very impressed with this hotel. Our check in was lovely and the staff was very sympathetic to our misfortune. The two young ladies that checked us it Bridgett and forgive me If I spell this wrong but Rikelle were outstanding and made sure we got the lowest rate and welcomed us with complimentary bottles of water. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms had very nice amenities. The individual Keurigs were a very nice touch. Upon check out time Matt was very kind in printing us directions and giving advice on travel routes that would cut time off a long drive home. All and all I would love to visit the city again and stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: We had too rooms on the seventh floor both were excellent and quite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Konstanz, Germany
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel is right next door to the venue formerly known as the Worcester Centrum. The rooms were nice, spacious and clean, there was convenient garage parking (+$10), the dining offerings on site were decent and the price was right. I recommend this hotel for anyone in town seeing a concert or other event.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff and the Trip Advisor audience. I want to personally thank you for your business and invite you back whenever you are traveling to the Worcester area. It was a pleasure serving you.
Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We don't often get to Worcester especially for an overnight, but we were in town for a show at the DCU Center recently and decided to stay here. It's very convenient for the show, which was just a few minutes walk away.

The location is great, but you do have to park in the garage across the street ($9 added to your hotel bill). The night we stayed there was very quiet, we heard neither guests nor street noise. There's a railroad track behind the parking garage and we heard a few trains before bed, but none during the overnight.

The room was quite large, clean and comfortable. Bathroom good sized too. Temperature in the room was good and everything worked as expected.

Breakfast in the lobby was extremely good value with a wide offering. The omelets are excellent, and we were surprised by the mimosa offered to us for free!

Check-in and breakfast staff were very courteous and friendly.

Yes, there is a Pizzeria Uno attached to the hotel, but be advised it's just about the only somewhat acceptable place to eat near the DCU Center, so you and every other concertgoer are trying to eat there before the show. We got take-out to eat in our room rather than wait over an hour for a table.

If we're in the area, we'd stay here again. It was good value for the rate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally thank for choosing us and invite you back whenever you are traveling to the Worcester area. It was a pleasure serving you.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Hotel is right next to the DCU center an in walking distance to several restaurants. There isn’t the typical HGI bar/restaurant in the hotel because there is a Pizzeria Uno’s attached. The Uno’s does do room service if you like that kind of thing. The hotel has a full breakfast service in the mornings which they do very well. The staff is very friendly and they make an excellent omelet.
The rooms are standard size with nice furnishings and include a refrigerator and flat screen. The internet service works well and beds are comfortable and as you would expect with a Hilton – very clean.
My only knock is with the rate. In the past year they have significant increased their nightly rate. I guess there aren’t that many options when staying downtown Worcester and they know it. Driving in from Auburn MA could save you $80 ~ $90 a night.

Room Tip: Street side may be quieter than alley side due to early morning trash pickup.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally thank you for choosing us and I want to invite you back whenever you are travelling to the Worcester area. It was a pleasure serving you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a really large Hilton Garden Inn. Overall, the building is great, the people are extremely friendly, and the location is perfect. The only downside is that parking is in a garage across the street for around $9/day.

The rooms are standard, but the bed was really comfortable. I was in a suite on the top floor that overlooked the parking garage. It wasn't that bad since I was over the garage, and I got to see the sunrise in the morning. The suite also had a lot of cabinets, a refrigerator, and a microwave, plus a sitting area with a couch with a pull out bed.

My only complaint is that I didn't know how to use the TV. When I stayed there the week before in a different, the cable worked fine. This time, it wouldn't go past any of the hotel information channels. I asked the front desk to fix it, and I still had the same problem. I didn't care at that point since I need to stop watching so much TV.

The breakfast in the morning was really nice. Again, everyone was friendly. There was a continental selection with a hot food option. There were many places to sit, which helped because it was crowded.

My coworkers stayed at other hotels in the area, and it seemed like this was the best hotel after talking to them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally thank you for your business and invite you back whenever you are travelling to the Worcester area.
Albany, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights with my friends to attend 2 Pearl Jam shows at the DCU Center. Downtown Worcester may be a complete dump, but this hotel was one of the best I’ve ever stayed in. I really loved this place. I’ll start off by saying I’m a Hilton HHonors member and I got a great rate by booking through the Hilton Family MVP site, which can discount rates by up to 20%. This doesn’t work on all Hilton Hotels, so check the location first. Upon check-in, we were offered a complimentary water, beer or wine, so we grabbed some waters for the next morning. It’s nothing special, but it gets you started off on the right foot right and makes the customer immediately feel welcome. Great touch. The girl who checked us in was also super friendly and was very pleasant to talk to. We even saw a guy who I think was the maintenance man on the elevator later that night who asked us how our stay was and said if we need anything to just let them know. This was the maintenance guy! You can barely get front end staff to do that at hotels! You can tell the general manager must be a great leader who breeds positivity and success down the chain of command.

The location of this hotel is amazing for going to the DCU Center, since it’s right across the side street. Parking is across the front street in a parking garage. Parking is $9.95/night, but we never got charged for our cars when we validated our tickets, so I’m not sure what happened there, but that made the trip even better since I hate paying for parking. The lobby is very large and has a large area for breakfast, although it’s kind of expensive. You need to use a key card to use the bathroom in the lobby, so maybe they’ve had some problems in the past with non guests entering the building, but I never felt security was an issue. The elevators were modern, fast and smooth.

Our room was very big and very clean. The furniture had a nice wood finish and there was a chair with a small stand, a desk with a chair, a 32” Philips flat screen HDTV, a refrigerator and a microwave. There was a modern alarm clock with an Aux line-in for mp3 players. The bed was very comfortable and I have to compliment the normal size pillows that were very comfortable. I don’t know why some chains are moving toward the smaller pillows, but they are terrible to sleep on. The bathroom was also pretty big and very clean and had some nice sample size amenities. The shower head was at the correct pressure and height in my opinion, which again, most hotels can’t seem to get right. The only negative is that the fan was very weak, so be prepared for the mirror to be fogged up for a while after taking a shower.

The hotel offered free Wi-Fi that worked as expected. There’s a Pizzeria Uno attached to the hotel, which was great for grabbing some food before and after the concerts since there’s not much else in the immediate area. I believe they will also deliver to your room if you want. I loved my stay here and will definitely stay here again next time I visit the Woo.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends