All reviews across the street dcu center parking garage uno restaurant busy street hilton garden room service front desk staff nice hotel checking in would stay here again breakfast staff right next door business trip convenient location hgi valet
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was not pleased with the parking being across the street, because it was a busy street and I thought I was going to get run over by a bus several times. And I hauled my luggage across the street, when I could've parked for 15 mins, brought it up to the room, then parked. DUH. I also asked for an AARP discount, and I received the handicap accessable room. So the shower was awful in positioning. Overall, the room was beautiful and had everything we needed. I enjoyed the desk area and the fridge and microwave. The beds were very comfortable, and everything was super clean. Will be staying there again. Thanks.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank James C
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally thank you for your business and invite you back whenever you are traveling in the Worcester area. I also want to apologize for the City owned parking garage being located across the street. Unfortunately, our building lot is not large enough to accomodate guest parking , thus the public garge.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here because he had to take a customs test here early in the morning and we had a six hour drive. We got in around midnight, and were awakened at 3 am by our airconditioner banging, clanging, and grinding like it was ready to blow up. After turning it off, we then got to listen to a train going through our room, and sirens going by at all hours of the night. I realize most of this is unavoidable, but had we been able to use the ac we could have blocked out some of the other downtown noise! I am still shocked we had to PAY for parking!!! This is a horrible location and if you can't accomodate guest parking, you should be picking up the cost! With that all said, the room was clean and nice, and the breakfast in the morning was fantastic. We also enjoyed our lunch at UNOs, which is connected to the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jodi C
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally apologize for your unsatisfactory experience with the noise and the parking garage. I have used your constructive comments as a teaching tool with our employees to improve our overall guest experience. Again, thank you and please accept my sincerest apology.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am giving this hotel a terrible rating due to their awful service. After multiple attempts to contact the front desk to request an item I was simply ignored. Prior to an engagement, I called the front desk to request a few wine glasses. After two hours and multiple unanswered calls to the front desk, we got no such items. Also a run in with the concierge, who prefers to speak to his guests in a rude and demeaning way, makes me disgusted with this hotel. I regret choosing this hotel as well as paying extra for a suite. I am appalled with the service at this hotel and can assure you I will never recommend nor return there ever again.

1  Thank Brooke00

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester with our staff. I want to personally apologize for the experience during your stay. I understand your frustations completely and I would like to express that this is not our normal service standards.

I would also like to point out you were in the hotel, unfortunately, when we had a very unruly wedding party that disrupted the entire hotel for a majority of the night resulting in numerous guest complaints and aprroximately 9 Worcester police officers to evict them.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went on to this site to see if anyone complained about the DRUNK idiots that ruined our(and the entire floor) sleep on the night of 9/21/13. How ironic that the actual culprits write in as a victim when these people were the most rude hotel guests possible. Non stop screaming,door slamming and running down the halls till 2am! We called to the front desk starting at midnight, after a long day, wanting to get to sleep, demanded a room on a new floor but were told the hotel was sold out. Obviously many other patrons on the floor did the same as finally the hotel did something to get these drunk inconsiderate few people to quite down so the rest of us who paid for a room to sleep in could do just that. Bravo to the Hilton for doing there job, although it took way to long in dealing with these jerks. I am amazed that people can be so oblivious (even while they are drunk) to other people's right to sleep. Shame on them for seeing themselves as mistreated rather than realizing how poorly they handled themselves.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Kappy2558
Paul N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester. I want to personally thank you for your business and invite you back whenever you are traveling in the Worcester area. I sincerely apologize for the noise caused by the wedding guests. We take all noise complaints seriously, because we know their are other responsible guests trying to get their rest. We tried our best to reason with those causing the disturbance to no avail. and had to resort to calling the police. It took 9 Worcester Police Officers to evict those responsible for the noise.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a family wedding that was happening around the corner at Mechanics Hall. I honestly don't know how to start it was one bad experience to another, when we arrived we had to bring all our belongings in on our on with no staff help then had to park across the street in a parking garage that you also had to pay for ! My room was not ready when I arrived and I was told that it would not be ready until after 4:30 when I told them that was unacceptable because I was in the wedding and the wedding started at 5pm and I had to get check in and get ready ASAP that was met with extremely rude response that they had 5 wedding party's booked on the same night and are doing the best they can. If you cant handle 5 wedding party's then don't take on the business if you cant acomodate it . I had 5 different couples that never got to check into their room before the wedding because it wasn't ready and had to get ready in the bathroom at Mechanics Hall. they all ended up canceling the room and going home after the wedding because they were so upset about the customer service! When we returned from the Wedding the service only got worse instead of blocking all the rooms in the same floor they had them scattered all over the hotel and anytime you were walking down a hallway you were harassed by the staff saying you were making to much noise and people had been complaining!!! I have stayed at a lot of hotels after weddings and the "room Block " has always had the room all together as to not disturb other guests. This place did all the wrong things and then blamed the customer for their wrong doing !! they had employees staked out on all the floors and if they saw more than 4 people enter a room they knocked on the door within 5 minutes demanding everyone go their on rooms and go to bed ! I honestly felt like I was being targeted by the staff especially the over night manager. I have never been treated so poorly at any other hotel. When my husband called to complain the next day he was treated with the same rude demeanor as the the day before complete disregard for our feelings and could not have cared less!!! I have honestly never written a review for anything before but I felt I had to because of the horrible service at this hotel! I hope this prevents another person from experiencing this horrible hotel. My family will never be staying at a Hilton ever again I would rather sleep in my care than give them my business.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsey C
emily m, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I want to personally apologize for the experience you received during your stay. I understand your frustrations completely and would like to express that this is not our normal standard practice regarding check in time. Unfortunately due to un-foreseen circumstance we did not have all of our rooms available for the standard 4pm check in time.

We also understand that a wedding is a time of celebration and excitement. However, we do need to keep in mind the comfort of all our guests. We take all noise complaints seriously and we investigate and address those involved in the disturbance. We also offer our lobby space as a place where wedding guests can meet and continue their celebration after the reception without disturbing other hotel guests.

I sincerely apologize if you felt as though our staff were harassing you. I will definitely bring your comments to their attention and discuss with them the proper method of addressing noise complaints in the future.

If your travels due bring your back to the Worcester area please feel free to reach out to me so that I can make sure your stay is 100% satisfactory.

Emily Mulhane