“Excellent city property!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Excellent city property!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were very happy with our stay. It is easy to get to in downtown Worcester. The only thing that I would want people to be aware of is that parking is across the street in a garage. Self parking for $9.95 requires some walking. Valet service is available for $14.95, but ends at 10pm. Could be a safety issue. Other than that, everything was great. We got a great price, but booked on the day of arrival.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I thank you for sharing with me your experience while staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back again should your travels bring you to the great City of Worcester.

Parking is a little different than you would see at many other Hilton Garden Inn's based on our small footprint, but we have made it as easy as possible with our seasonal valet parking and or validated self parking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was extremely satisfied with my stay. All amenities were present including a pool, fitness center, breakfast, and they even had cookies at the front desk. The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly! The employees seem to genuinely care for the customers. There was good, positive energy from this hotel, which was an excellent way to start and end my days when coming back to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul M, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear recent guest, thank you for sharing with me as well as many of the future travelers. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you back again.

I appreciate you taking the time to review us and I thank you for the great feedback.
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I chose this hotel solely due to the fact it was located near downtown Worcester and within walking distance of restaurants and venues. The cost of the room was very very high. The lobby is nice and the staff friendly, but the price far outweighed the value.
All through the night there was a noise off and on....thought it was from outside the room but to find out in the morning it was from the refrigerator's compressor. Hall traffic was also loud.
We received an email a few days before saying the hot tub was not going to be in working order during our stay. Think the cost of the room should be about $100 less than what it is.
Breakfast was not included in the cost of the room either?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear recent guest, I appreciate you taking the time to shaer with me your recent experience while staying with us.

I am sorry you failed to meet your expectations, I wouldl ike to respond to a few of your points the first being the refrigerator, I am sorry this was an issue and we have had this replaced. The fact youreported this allowed us to replace it quickly so we can ensure we do not disrupt the next valued guest.

We did feel we took a proactive approach as it relates to our hot tub, we did email all of our guests letting them know we did have an issue with our hot tub so they could be in control and not be surprised upon their arrival.

As it relates to the breakfast, Hilton Garden Inn as a brand does not include breakfast, we do however have rate plans that do or other hotels within the Hilton Family that does. If you would like to contact me I would be more than happy to assist you with this.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here with my family during a power outage. Front desk and valet service were excellent and very helpful. The room was pretty standard and overall clean and orderly. The wallpaper was peeling a bit in the bathroom, and there was a wine/juice stain on the rug.

The room service was extremely slow. We were told food would be delivered in 15 minutes, and almost an hour later I called and they had apparently forgotten our order. They did pay for part of our order as a result, but it was frustrating at the time.

Overall, not a bad place, but not great either. Got our money's worth.

Hubbardston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Everything was great. Thank you.The kids loved the pool area. Breakfast was very well done, as the servers took the order, and delivered your breakfast. Having the Uno's attached was great for dinner without having to leave the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed yourself with your family.

We certainly do have a great hotel and I can see you enjoyed many of the great offerings we have, we have a great pool, recently renovated fitness center, new large screen TV's which include a residential channel selection and one can not forget the famous Uno's Chicago Grill which is just an elevator ride away.

I hope that should your travels bring you back to the Worcester area, you will choose our hotel once again.
Somers, NY
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Needed a stopover in the midst of a long ride. Got a warm welcome and a comfortable bed. Left before Breakfast so I can't speak to it. Parking is in a Municipal lot across the street. Easy access to major highways. There is a Uno's Chicago Pizza attached. In the heart of a downtown area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing with me and the TripAdvisor community your experience while staying with us. As mentioned in many of the reviews, we do have a wonderful hotel with great associates.

Our parking is certainly not like most Hilton garden Inn's, but we make it as easy as possible.

We are centrally located with many great attractions and dining establishments including an Uno's Chicago Grill attached to the hotel.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Standard if not older Hilton Garden. Has not been renovated to the hilt like some of the newer locations. Experienced a water outage while there - can you believe it? What do you do? We should have left, but it wasn't the hotels fault, there wasa water main break. Still suprised they didn't reduce rate, since I couldn't brush my teeth! Hotel was in good location downtown with a Uno's restaurant downstairs.

Room Tip: anywhere is fine
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I apperciate you taking the time to provide a review of your experience while staying with us. I am sorry you did encounter a problem while you were staying with us. We did have a City wide water outage which left every restaurant and hotel without water.

We did deliver water to guest rooms so our guest could complete the basic tasks needed, water was also handed out upon check-in.

Due to the fact that most of our guests dont pay for their room (business trip) we provided our great breakfast buffet to every guest at no charge.

I hope that should your travels bring you back to the great City of Worcester, you will try the Hilton Garden Inn once again.