“Pretty standard hotel”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Columbus, Ohio
“Pretty standard hotel”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Standard if not older Hilton Garden. Has not been renovated to the hilt like some of the newer locations. Experienced a water outage while there - can you believe it? What do you do? We should have left, but it wasn't the hotels fault, there wasa water main break. Still suprised they didn't reduce rate, since I couldn't brush my teeth! Hotel was in good location downtown with a Uno's restaurant downstairs.

Room Tip: anywhere is fine
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear guest,

I apperciate you taking the time to provide a review of your experience while staying with us. I am sorry you did encounter a problem while you were staying with us. We did have a City wide water outage which left every restaurant and hotel without water.

We did deliver water to guest rooms so our guest could complete the basic tasks needed, water was also handed out upon check-in.

Due to the fact that most of our guests dont pay for their room (business trip) we provided our great breakfast buffet to every guest at no charge.

I hope that should your travels bring you back to the great City of Worcester, you will try the Hilton Garden Inn once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
boston
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Had tickets to concert at palladium, which is just about visible from hotel, very convenient. Just park and walk! The DCU is right next door.

Parking was the only kind of tricky part - hotel uses lot across the street for $9.95. Felt safe and not really out of way, once you understand how it all works. There's an Uno's attached to the hotel. Food was ok, great drinks.

Very pleasant desk personnel, very nice room. Breakfast $13! We skipped that..

• Stayed November 2012
Dear valued guest, I thank you for sharing of your experience with me as well as many of the great TripAdvisors in the community. We do have a great hotel with associates in every department that will react to the needs of our guests.

I certainly hope that should your travels bring you back to the Worcester area, you will choose the Hilton garden Inn once again.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Typical HGI which means, perfect. Clean, comfortable, spacious room at a good price with a staff that treats you like a king. Parking is across the street but I felt very safe after parking late. Very good breakfast in the AM. Highly recommend. We will be back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear valued TripAdvisor guest,

I thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you back in the near future.

We do have a great breakfast with many freshly prepared items. We try to make parking as easy as possible, however there is a fee as we use the City owned garage located just across the street from the hotel.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here overnight for a job interview the next day. Great decor, clean and greeted professionally by front desk. Room was well cleaned as well as bathroom. Quiet and no problems encountered during the night. Parking garage was across the street, might need to pay (not sure as I was reimbursed for this). They have an early breakfast which looked great starting at 6:30am (unfortunately I had to leave by then and could not sample the food, but it looks wonderful). Would definitely stay here again if I needed a hotel in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank B W
Thank you for completing your survey and sharing with all of our future guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

To answer your question, parking is charged and the garage tickets are validated at the front desk. This fee is added to your room folio and the validated ticket is used to enter and exit the garage for the entire stay.

I will like to add that we will be starting our winter valet program on 12-10-2012, there is a slight upcharge for this.

We do have a great breakfast buffet at a tremendous value.
Masaya, Nicaragua
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I went to Mechanics Hall for an Oath Ceremony--very special occasion. In order to be sure we would be there on time, we stayed over night at the Hilton Garden, just a block away, and had a lovely stay. The staff at the front desk were kind and helpful. We paid for a night with breakfast and it was very well worth it. Parking is across the street at a multi level parking garage, and the front desk stamps your ticket so you can come and go as you wish and still only pay the one fare of $9.95. UNO's restaurant is attached to the hotel and 99 restaurant is just down the street.
The only negatives are the typical noises of a big city--sirens, and a train, but I think you would hear those noises anywhere you stayed in Worcester. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank masayagirl
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share with me your recent experience while staying with us during your special weekend.

I am glad you found the experience to be pleasant one. We do have a great location, we are in walking distance to Mechanics Hall, The Hanover Theatre, DCU Convention Center and many other great locations.

Our staff is ready to pamper you should you return to the Worcester area again.
Poole
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have styed here 5-6 times over the past 2 years.
Pro's - excellent location, clean, friendly staff, restaurant on side convenient if staying with family or on business, rooms are big, free daily newspaper, breakfast is pretty good, pool.

Cons - you pay for the location + parking in the car park opposite is $10 a day. I am a keen runner, and the indoor gym is very small with only one running machine.

Hotel staff tell me the small gym will be expanded later this year.

• Stayed September 2012
I thank you for the nice review of your experience while visiting us. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to all of the trip advisor users.

We certainly are renovations our fitness center, I would not call it an expansion as based on the machanical rooms around the current fitness center, we can not expand it, we will however replace all of the equipment, install new wall vinyl and flooring.
Billerica
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We came here for a wedding (at Mechanics Hall), and had an overall great experience. Check-in was easy and quick, the rooms were spacious, clean, and had a welcoming feel. We especially appreciated the free shuttle service provided to pick up hotel guests at the train station. The microwave and fridge were great amenities, especially when traveling with kids. The children in the wedding party all had a great time in the hotel pool, which was well-maintained and convenient. Upon checkout we learned that the hotel had graciously provided parking for free - which ended our trip on a very happy note. Although there is no free breakfast, there is a restaurant downstairs, but be prepared to wait in line. There is also a very lively Pizzeria Uno attached to the hotel - but don't worry, the rooms are quiet and revelry-free. Overall, a great experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear recent guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton garden Inn- Worcester. I appreciate you taking the time to share with me your experience while staying with us.

Our housekeeping associates to work very hard to ensure everything is "just right" in our guest rooms. We do have a great breakfast, I would say it's the best value around. It does get very busy on weekends so earlier is better if you can.

We hope to see you again and I appreciate the detailed feedback.