“Excellent choice for area”

Hilton Garden Inn Worcester
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just returned from a three night stay and overall was very pleased with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Our rooms, along with the common areas, were very clean. There were many conveniences such as an indoor pool, laundry, hot tub, connecting bar/restaurant, and a large breakfast restaurant in the lobby. One drawback is that the gym is very tiny and could use some updating, but it gets the job done if there aren't more than two people in the room at the same time. It contains one treadmill, two ellipticals, one bike, a cable machine and a few dumbbells in an area that's roughly 12 X 20. The hotel location is pretty convenient to the highway and public parking, and there are several restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely return again. Nice job by everyone there!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

WOW, thank you for the wonderful reveiw!

As I look back at many of the reviews, the one item I see over and over again is the great comments relating to the associates of the hotel.

I am very proud of everyone who works here, they truly understand guest service and what it takes to ensure our guests have a great stay.

I just ordered new equipment for the fitness center and we will have a complete renovation of this space over the next several months.

We are also scheduled to replace all of the business center equipment this will enhance the experience in this area as well.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the Summer Nationals. It was right in the center of all the action! The rooms were clean and we loved the Uno's restaurant off the ground floor. The breakfast buffet was excellent, I wish I could have fit more. It's best to get the bed and breakfast deal with your stay, otherwise it is a little pricey. I was a little disappointed that we left our room at 830 in the morning and came back at 130 and housekeeping hadn't come in yet. I went to rest on the bed, and that's when there was a knock on the door "housekeeping"...had to decline. Air conditioner was a little noisy, although it toned down the noise of the hot rods outside, LOL! Check-in/out was easy, although it was confusing pulling around in back of the hotel to unload. It was a busy weekend so it's understandable. Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. I wish I could have explored the area more, but we were there for the cars...the events/activities were awesome! Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the front...got to watch all the action on the street!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you sharing your comments with me as well as all of the future guests of the Hilton Garden Inn. The New England Summer Nationals has been in Worcester for 22 years.

If you are staying in Worcester for this event, you will have a great stay. If you are in town for any other reason, you will have a wonderful time as well, but please understand there will certainly be a lot of traffic and action.

Our staff does certainly work hard to ensure everyone enjoys the hotel and we will always do what we can to make you feel like you're at home.

Lastly, thank you for recognizing our assocaites!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

After an eight hour flight delay, we finally got to Massachusetts...All my daughter and I needed was a quick respite and a maybe a shower as we traveled across the state. Who knew we'd find the front desk supervisor, Anthony Mejia! From the minute we arrived, his reassuring manner took control. For background, I'm bit of a Hilton Honors snob, usually staying at the higher end hotels in the Hilton family. If all of the Hilton Garden Inns are like this one, I've to a whole new brand. He suggested we might want to save a few dollars and consider the package price including a buffet breakfast for the two of us. He was thinking much more clearly than I was, and he was right. The breakfast was ideal, as was the shower, and the room. Prices for the room were very reasonable. if I ever find myself in the area again, I will be back..I suggest everyone does the same!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank IraBfromCSG
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I thank you for sharing your experience with all of the future guests and myself. the TripAdvisor sight clearly is one of the best forms of advertising, because it provides a candid review yet still allows us as a property to learn and grow.

We also greatly appreciate you recognizing Anthony, Anthony is a long term valued associate who demonstrates his abilities well, day in and day out.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, the next time you return to our City.

The "Garden Inn" brand is not full service, but a focus service with all of the important amenities of most brands.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

One of the reasons that we chose this Hotel is because its GM responds to Trip Advisor comments. I think that's great. So, on with the comments. We arrived rather late and were greeted by an extremely friendly staff. We were able to leave our car directly in front of the hotel, "Long enough," said the staff, "To put our baggage in our room." And that we did. The room smelled a bit musty but we got used to it or it disappeared after we later turned on the AC. A few minutes later, I drove the car across the street to what has to be one of the ugliest, run-down, dirtiest and creepiest garages I've ever used. Yikes. The risers on the steel and concrete steps have crumbled and in some places are almost missing completely! Of course this is not the Hotel's problem but one would think that the Hotel might try to get the owner of the garage to brighten things up a bit. There are some reserved spots for Hotel guests and there are no signs that direct you to them. There are also no signs that tell you to validate your garage ticket at the Hotel's front desk and the staff didn't tell me to do that when I checked in but that's OK. This is probably something that's very obvious to travelers who often stay in downtown locations. The room was comfortable and I really have only one complaint: the AC was incredibly noisy. No, I don't mean with a rush of air but an intermittent clanging. Old equipment that should be replaced with new.

Overall, our brief experience was pleasant enough to warrant another try. And for me, that says a lot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear traveler,

Thank you for sharing with all the potential guests and myself your experience while staying with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to offer a review, as stated in many other responses we do have a difficult parking situation here at our hotel. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the City of Worcester your comments regarding the garage as this is a City owned property.

As it relates to our HVAC units in the guest rooms, we just met last week with teh manufacture of these units and are making some adjustments to make them quieter.

I hope you will choose the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester the next time you travels to our great City.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Excellent hotel & staff. Always friendly and very knowledgable staff. Rooms are great. Can't beat the location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for sharing with me your experience during your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and value your feedback.

I also appreciate you completing your review on Trip Advisor, as this is one of the best ways for us to engage and respond back to the feedback we receive.

We all look at feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow, the responses are shared with our associates so when something should go wrong, we are able to learn from it and prevent it from happening again.

We hope to see you back in Worceser soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

This is my third stay at this hotel and all I can say is that it just keeps getting better. The rooms are modern & spacious and extremely clean. The sleep system is ultra comfortable and the bathroom has ample space for your toliterirs. Nice fluffy towels and a coffee station with coffee & tea inca cabinet with microwave & fridge. The only drawback I can find is with the parking-across the street in the parking garage. I don't care for parking garages when you have early morning departures or late evening returns. But other than that, this hote is superb.

The breakfast buffet ($12.95) includes every breakfast item imagined along with cooked to order eggs. Very good value. Uno's is attached and offers nice lunch & dinner selections & offers room service.

But the thing that impressed me most...the most pleasant & friendly staff I have ever encountered. It started at the check-in counter and every staff member, from the wait staff in the restaurant to the maids, to the maintenance person I passed I the hallway all greeted you with a warm welcome or hello. And it didn't appear to be "forced" by hotel management. It makes you feel really special while away from your loved ones. I also encountered this in Pleasanton California at a Hilton there. Thank you.

This hotel gets 5 stars in my book.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank sloopie1

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience. I as well as everyone on our team are thrilled to have had the opportunity to take care of you.

We certainly have the best breakfast value in the area served by the most professional staff. I certainly hope that you will choose the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester should your travels bring you back to our great City.

Again, thank you for sharing your story with the Trip Advisor site!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've stayed here twice in the last three months. The hotel is in a very good location, clean and well kept. Note that if you were looking for a smoking room I was told that they are doing away with them as of April 30th 2012.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for sharing with all of our valuable travelers as well as the Trip Advisor community about your stay.

I am glad you enjoyed yourself and you are correct, we listened to our guests and that effective May 1, 2012, we are 100% smoke free.

I certainly hope that should your travels bring you back to the Worester area you will choose to stay with us once again.