“My jewelry was stolen at the Hilton Garden Inn =(”

Hilton Garden Inn Worcester
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Los Angeles, CA
“My jewelry was stolen at the Hilton Garden Inn =(”
Reviewed November 13, 2007

We stayed for 4 nights in October for a local wedding. We were actually really excited about this hotel - we were planning on staying here again when we go back to Worcester for Christmas.

Unfortunately, on our third day there, Saturday, while we were at the wedding, two pieces of my jewlery were stolen from the room. The housekeeper (who seemed quite suspicious because she left a very strange note in the room AND called in sick the next morning) claimed that she did not take it. The weekend staff were quite apologetic, but said it had to wait until Monday (when we were back in LA) to go to the General Manager.

Unfortunately, we did not have a very good experience with the manager. He did not call us back on Monday as promised, and on Tuesday only called after we contacted his higher ups at Hilton. Wednesday we heard from the hotel's insurance company that they would not cover the theft. He was not very responsive.

In the end, we were able to negotiate with the hotel manager to get 2 of the 4 nights refunded (he originally only wanted to refund 1 night) which didn't even cover the deductable on my renter's insurance policy. Fortunately I did have insurance so I was at least able to replace the physical items, but not the sentimental value ( they were anniversary gifts).

The worst part is, to my knowledge, the housekeeper is still employed there. If this hadn't happened, I would give the hotel 4/5...it was clean, new, good location, etc. BUT the loss of the jewlery combined with the poor response from the manager knocks it down to a 1/5...

If you stay here, LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES at home!!

• Liked — Good location, clean and new
  • Disliked — Theft from room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank DiaEmerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 10, 2007

I stayed for three nights to visit a sick relative staying in the nearby St. Vincent's Hospital. I chose it because it is so close to the hospital.

The hotel is new and fresh and very clean. Everything functioned properly in the room. The bed was very comfortable, though I prefer natural fibers and the comforter and pillows were poly-filled. It would be nice to have a choice.

I ate at the hotel's Uno Restaurant twice. It was convenient, and the waitstaff were mostly young college students who were upbeat and seemed to like their jobs. The menu is large and the prices reasonable.

I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank NowVoyager63
Portland, ME
Reviewed August 28, 2007

This is a late review, but finally had a chance to come back to tripadvisor. Stayed at this hotel last Feb. '07 for 4 nights will at a trade show at the convention next door. We used to stay a few blocks away at the Crown Plaza for years, but figured we would try something different.

We are glad we did!!!

Everything is brand new, clean and convenient. Just across the street and you are at the Centrum (or whatever it is called now). Not much parking, but there is a valet there and they will park your vehicel in the parking garage across the street. Very centralized and convenient location if you are there on business. The new gov't center is being built right next door as well. There is also an Uno's Restaurant there which has a wide variety of food and a big bar area.

We have already booked our rooms to go back next year.

• Liked — Convenient to Convention Center, Very Clean
  • Disliked — Soda Machines Were Out of Soda On All Floors...
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank mainetoday
Connecticut
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We are a family of four who stayed here for one night in August '07.

Pros:
Of all the hotels I've stayed in, this one had the best free breakfast deal -- scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, yogurts, fresh fruit assortment, etc. The very nice chef will make your eggs to order, too. I had an excellent egg-beaters veggie omelet! It was delicious!

The beds were very comfortable - with nice white clean crisp sheets and towels. The room was a good size. They have a small indoor pool which was fine, since we were the only ones using it on a Sunday night. There is also a whirlpool, and across the hall, there is a business room with free computer use. I was able to check my email from there.

PIzzaria Uno is connected to the hotel and has good food, reasonably priced.

Cons:

Very confusing upon check-in. We were not sure where to park so we could check in. The young lady at the front desk was very serious - did not welcome me (although a gentleman next to her did, who then disappeared). She did not crack the slightest smile during the whole check-in process and kept repeating herself as if she didn't realize she already said it. "you have one room for one night for 4 people. " Then a minute later, she said it again. She did not make me feel welcome, and in fact, she seemed in a rush to get me out of there, even though I was the only person at the counter. She never offered information about where to park - I had to ask. They charge an extra $10 for parking, whether you use the valet or not. (Use the valet parking - it makes life so much easier if you have a lot of luggage and you don't have to tip if you don't want to.)

If you are a light sleeper, don't stay here in the summer. The A/C cyles on and off with a clunking noise, and there is a lot of noise from the bar across the street at night. (I asked for a room on an upper floor and could still hear it.)

• Liked — The pool area was clean and the breakfast outstanding. Close to Clark University.
  • Disliked — We paid $161 for one night - pretty expensive, but I figure the breakfast offsets some of this.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Ms Patty
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 25, 2007

Overall I would rate this hotel as above average. This hotel is new and the rooms are clean (as of Aug 2007). It is located across the street from the DCU Center and there is a Uno Chicago grill attached to the hotel. Every morning there is a breakfast served near the lobby. I could not tell you the exact price b/c it was different everyday but it was around $10. It is buffet style and if you ask the cooks they will make you eggs to order. There is fresh fruit, cereal, and all types of bread.
You have the option when arriving to have your car valet parked. I would suggest not doing this if you need to get out of the hotel at a certain time b/c they only have 2 people getting cars. Instead you can park at the public parking garage and take your ticket to the front desk, they will validate it and you can go in and out of the garage as many times as you want. There is a 10 per day fee no matter how you park.
There is a gym and a small pool with a Jacuzzi. The gym has the basics and the pool seemed to be about 20 yards long and 3-4 lanes wide.
Suggestions on rooms – even numbers do not face the street. There is a hospital up the road and I would suggest staying in an even number b/c I did not hear any sirens and people on the other side did hear some.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank MeanGoldfish
Manhattan
Reviewed July 11, 2007

My fiancee and I stayed here for a few months back. The service by the staff was a joke! We repeatedly called for a simple request (scissors) explaining that we had to leave in a few minutes, first they said it was on the way-nothing came for 20mins, then they said it was on the way again-nothing for 10more mins, then they blocked our call!!! When we went to leave we called down to have our car brought around because we were in a rush. We got downstairs and they never bothered to call for the car. Some 20mins later the car arrived.

The hotel is nice. The beds are very comfortable. The TV is weird and
painful to use.

Overall, I saw another hotel near it, i recommend trying it.

• Liked — the beds were great!
  • Disliked — the hotel service was horrific!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Northern California
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We needed a clean, comfortable room for just overnight to recharge our batteries and were pleased with our room at the Hilton Garden Inn. The beds were very comfortable, the wireless internet very easy to access and the food from the attached Uno Chicago Grill was very good. Just one fly in the ointment....upon checkout we needed to catch a cab to the train station. The city was repaving the streets in the area around the hotel that day and though the front desk clerk called for a cab, the cabbies were having a hard time figuring out how to access the hotel. Long story short, the front desk clerk was of no help (even though there was a way in and out, because the valet were bringing cars up from the parking area) and we ended up hiking two blocks with luggage to hail a cab off the street.

Stayed June 2007