We stayed for 4 nights in October for a local wedding. We were actually really excited about this hotel - we were planning on staying here again when we go back to Worcester for Christmas.
Unfortunately, on our third day there, Saturday, while we were at the wedding, two pieces of my jewlery were stolen from the room. The housekeeper (who seemed quite suspicious because she left a very strange note in the room AND called in sick the next morning) claimed that she did not take it. The weekend staff were quite apologetic, but said it had to wait until Monday (when we were back in LA) to go to the General Manager.
Unfortunately, we did not have a very good experience with the manager. He did not call us back on Monday as promised, and on Tuesday only called after we contacted his higher ups at Hilton. Wednesday we heard from the hotel's insurance company that they would not cover the theft. He was not very responsive.
In the end, we were able to negotiate with the hotel manager to get 2 of the 4 nights refunded (he originally only wanted to refund 1 night) which didn't even cover the deductable on my renter's insurance policy. Fortunately I did have insurance so I was at least able to replace the physical items, but not the sentimental value ( they were anniversary gifts).
The worst part is, to my knowledge, the housekeeper is still employed there. If this hadn't happened, I would give the hotel 4/5...it was clean, new, good location, etc. BUT the loss of the jewlery combined with the poor response from the manager knocks it down to a 1/5...
If you stay here, LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES at home!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester hotel. This comfortable and convenient Worcester hotel boasts an ideal location in the heart of downtown Worcester, Massachusetts. Situated adjacent to the DCU Convention Center, our Worcester hotel offers proximity to 13 major Massachusetts colleges and universities and an array of fantastic shopping venues and dining opportunities. Discover comfort and convenience at this bright and airy Worcester hotel. From our oh-so-comfortable beds, to cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary WiFi, the Hilton Garden Inn Worcester hotel has everything you need for a successful stay. Indulge in a cooked-to-order breakfast at the Great American Grill® or grab a takeaway meal from our 24-hour Pavilion Pantry®. Choose from refrigerated and frozen microwaveable items that you can prepare with your convenient, in-room microwave or simply relax with evening room service in your inviting guest room. Host a meeting or event in our eight meeting rooms or enjoy a grand reception in our beautiful lobby - this magnificent atrium can host up to 175 guests. After a long day in the complimentary business center, unwind with a refreshing swim in the indoor pool or rejuvenate in our fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Worcester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Hotel Worcester
- Worcester Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Worcester