“Good place to stay in Worcester”

Residence Inn Worcester
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
New Jersey
“Good place to stay in Worcester”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I'm having breakfast at the Marriott Residence Inn. There is a good variety of breakfast food; cooked eggs, various breads, make your own waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, four types of cereal, juices, tea and coffee. The room, a one-bedroom studio, is light, large, clean and comfortable. The parking and wifi are free. The hotel is just off I290 and a few blocks from Shrewsbury Street, the site of numerous restaurants. The staff is helpful. They are also pet friendly. We were going to bring our dog and will have to bring the dog on another trip. I am pleased with the hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
North Haven
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Residence Inn has always been our stay of choice, no matter which State we visit, for the simple fact that it is a home away from home. We always stay in a two-bedroom suite, with Kitchen, and two bathrooms. The only thing we don't enjoy about it, is the low toilets, and the high tubs...I believe next time we will request a roll in shower at the very least and I can bring a toilet raiser with me...In this day and age, really, who has time for a bath? I hope that in the future a lot more hotels will offer walk in showers....
We really love the idea of cooking our own meals, and although not all but some, have done away with pay Per View Movies, it is still a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2012

As one of its competitors folded, and the other, the Beechwood Hotel, has poorer reviews recently, IMHO, this is now the best hotel in Worcester. Excellent staff. There are places here and there where some maintenance would help; underside of chairs torn, some burn marks in rug, etc. There was a lot of room changing going on; about 1/2 the time I was near front desk, someone was changing rooms. Our room was in pretty good condition, but cleaning folk were not the best, i.e., piling pillows on top of our clothes in closet, leaving almost no toilet paper, minimal effort on cleaning, etc. The hotel is trying - breakfast was very good, there are free special light dinners M, Tu, Wed. Hotel is also close to Interstate so easy access, but not close to downtown and restaurants are about 1 mi away. Beds were excellent.

Room Tip: Backside rooms are quieter, but in general, the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NeuroscienceYogi
Wellfleet, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a place we like to come to when visiting our grandchildren. It offers us a quiet, comfortable place to relax after a busy day with the nearby grandchildren. The kitchen space is very good and it's nice to have a separate living space as well as a bedroom. It is convenient to everything and much quieter than other hotels we have stayed at in the area. It is also a better value as we don't always want to eat out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bonnie R
United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

The location was a bit outside of downtown but easily accessible. The grounds were well kept and the rooms were clean. The included hot breakfast hit the spot too. An overall nice stay with no complaints.

• Stayed May 2012
West Windsor, NJ
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed here on business in February, as this is my company's hotel of choice in the Worcester area. It's the first time I've stayed at any Residence Inn (I'm a Hampton man if I have a choice) and I was pleasantly surprised at the size and utility of the room. Since I paid the corporate rate and was reimbursed, I cannot rate the value of this hotel reliably.

Location: The hotel is a couple of miles from the highway, but is still near enough to main roads to be accessible. It’s way up on a hill and the driveway is easy to miss.

Amenities: Residence Inns are known for their efficiency suites (hence the name), and indeed, this hotel provides more than the typical bed/couch/TV combination. The door of my suite opened onto a large, tastefully (if a bit generically) decorated living area and full kitchen with a writing desk, couch, chairs, and a TV on a stand in one corner, and the kitchen appliances lining the hall-side wall. A separate bedroom, walk-through closet/vanity area, and full bath completed the suite. I must mention that there was a SECOND TV in the bedroom. There was free popcorn and a full candy dish in the room, and a free breakfast buffet which was about what you’d get at a Hampton (a waffle iron, eggs, breakfast meat, pastries, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, fruit, and beverage station).

Service: I did not have any issues, and the room was clean.

Overall: A good place to stay if you’re in Worcester. BY THE WAY: That’s pronounced “wuss-duh” if you don’t want to stick out like a sore tourist.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bridgewater, NJ
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My teen had a two-day visit to a University in town. We stayed two nights in a king-size room.
There is a shopping center very near to the hotel with Texas Road House, groceries, Target, and Sally Shop (for all of those items we had forgotten)!
The front desk staff were very helpful in assisting us to print a copy of a required form for the University stay!
I was concerned about the first-floor room as the rear parking lot is actually higher than the first floor (hotel built into a very steep hill) and I thought light from car headlights might actually shine into our room, but the black-out drapes worked.
You must use the elevator to get from the room floors to the Gate House ground floor for breakfast/business center/front desk (There are no stairs that connect to ground level).
This hotel is situated in the side of a very steep hill.
There is a residential apartment building behind this hotel. Quiet neighborhood.
If my student attends school in Worcester, I will be returning to this Residence Inn!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family