“Wish we lived closer!!!”

O'Connor's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 574 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: American, Irish, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Poinciana, Florida
“Wish we lived closer!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Seafood Mac & Cheese & corned beef shillelagh sticks - fantastic. Jane loved the Nantucket Cosmo. Decor is simply beautiful.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank FUN333

Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were really looking forward to eating here, based on the recommendation of friends.
We loved the atmosphere and décor.

Without having made a reservation, six of were seated immediately at about 7:00 p.m. on Labor Day Monday. Service was friendly, but not very accurate.

The menu is enormous, so it took us quite awhile to make our choices.
Meanwhile, it took an extraordinary amount of time for the rolls and butter to arrive at the table. The rolls were very good.

I started with a soup special - beef, portabella and potato - which sounded scrumptious. In reality, the soup was lukewarm, and there wasn't much beef or potato in the broth.

I also ordered a side salad with ranch and Italian dressing, before my entree. The server forgot to bring the Italian, so I ate it with just ranch.

When I saw "Emeril's Mac and Cheese Casserole" on the menu, advertised as a rich, creamy, three cheese garlic buttery pasta, with a parmesan crumb topping, I couldn't order anything else and was dreaming of that first bite during the lengthy wait for dinner.
When it arrived my disappointment was great. I could barely taste even the one cheese in the parmesan crumb topping, much less three. It was kind of a weak buttery, garlickey sauce - kind of runny and not at all the consistency of melted cheese.

My mac and cheese entrée was supposed to come with a side of mixed veggies. The server forgot to bring the mixed vegetables (or forgot to put in the order) so I waited longer for those to arrive.

All in all, everything was either a disappointment or served incorrectly, or not at all. Despite the quaint décor and cozy atmosphere, I wouldn't waste any more dollars here.

• Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good, but maybe not worth a long wait”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

With all of the cars in parking lot, I was surprised that we did not have to wait for a table. Bigger parties were waiting.
I found the menu interesting and several things that I would have liked to try. The bar list was quite extensive. I got the onion soup and scrod and they were good. My sister got the macaroni and cheese with lobster. She said "something was missing" but did like it enough to take home.
The service was pretty fast and the atmosphere was lively. The seating was well spaced.
The thing I found a bit off-putting was the tab that suggested a 20 or 25% tip.
I might go back, but I would never wait in line to get in.

• Visited July 2013
Massachusetts
“Not so good.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Four of us went there for dinner tonight. Yes, the atmosphere is wonderful, our server was very pleasant. However, each of us was not quite pleased with our meals. I have the curried chicken -- the curry sauce was very tasty, but the chicken was as dry as shoe leather. A friend had the swordfish -- dry an blan. My husband had the filet -- the piece was very small and not cooked the way it was ordered. Another friend had a steak, and she probably liked her meal the most, It was decided between all of us that we would never go there again. I was very surprised, as I have been there in the past, and always had a great experience. I guess the place has lowered it's standards on the food. Very disappointing.

• Visited August 2013
“Owners a piece of work”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I read a recent review where the people claimed " they had a problem with the service and the owner contacted them and sent them a gift card to make up for it". All because he saw them complain in this website!! His wife , maybe, but not the owner. He consistently berates the waitstaff in full view of customers!! I've personally seen it on a few occasions. So lets not fall for " Owner of gold" proclamation!!

• Visited November 2012