“Not a bargain, but we enjoyed it.”
Review of 111 Chop House

111 Chop House
Ranked #4 of 587 Restaurants in Worcester
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hill Street
Description: The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.
Reviewed March 31, 2007

My husband went here for dinner for a belated Valentine's Day celebration (end of February). It was a Wednesday night and we called at about 5pm for a reservation, and got a table for 7:30.

We trolled for parking around the restaurant for a few minutes (so go a little earlier than your reservation, you'll need the time!), and parked in a factory lot about a block away.

We were seated immediately, and two waitstaff introduced themselves to us - not sure why this is the practice there, but it seems to be the standard operating procedure.

The atmosphere is like most steakhouses, although with a lot less dark heavy woods. It can get a little noisy, because the bar and the kitchen surround the dining room and the night we were there several larger groups were having dinner near us, but we have been there when it's been a little more quiet. If you want to guarantee a really quiet, romantic experience, you may want to try somewhere else.

One of the main reasons we went was so my husband could take advantage of the $15.99 lobster dinner promotion, so HIS choice was made. I asked a few questions and settled on a braised steak tip dish.

Every entree comes with a wedge salad, and they were accomodating of my husband's request for a different dressing (normally they serve a creamy bleu cheese/Stilton which I love!). They will also bring you as much hot crusty bread as you can eat, so you may want to pass on an appetizer!

When he ordered, my husband requested that they not crack the lobster in the kitchen - he wanted it completely whole. Sure enough, it DID come to the table pre-cracked, but the waiter was swift and accommodating and brought back his plate with a perfectly whole lobster in moments.

My braised steak tips were lush and delicious, but the mashed potatoes were overwhelmingly seasoned with white pepper. I didn't send them back because I wasn't sure if it was the steak or the potatoes or what, but way too far into the meal, my husband comfirmed that his potatoes were also very peppery, but he likes them like that. Not sure if this is the norm for their mashed potatoes or a kitchen mistake, since I have ordered baked potateoes in the past, but you may want to check into it, if you have a strong preference.

We ended our meal with coffee a shared slice of chocolate cake - decadent, full of high quality chocolate and served with vanilla Haagen Das and whipped cream. Yum!

With a cocktail to start, the bill came to about $75, so even with the $15.99 lobster special, it wasn't a bargain...but we enjoyed it .

4  Thank 2tigers

Reviewed February 21, 2005

I was happy to have tried the restaurant. I ordered rack of lamb and it was undercooked, not so impressive for a steak and chop house. The other meals at the table appeared to be fine albeit uneventful, nothing that gets you really excited and anxious to return. The wait staff were polite and the atmosphere a bit loud. You could find other places in Worcester to have a meal of the same caliber that are quieter and less expensive.

3  Thank sbcvulcan
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 14, 2004

Great steaks, desserts, service, - pricey, but worth it.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to 111 Chop House? Share your experiences!