“This is our place for special occasions!”
Review of 111 Chop House

111 Chop House
Ranked #4 of 587 Restaurants in Worcester
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hill Street
Description: The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We took our daughter here for her birthday and had a nice time! The food is always good but expect to pay for it. Our servers Georgia and Nicole were excellent! They were nice, attentive, we couldn't have asked for better! Thanks for another nice night.

1  Thank Bluebordercollie

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Chop House is not a place were I would dine regularly, as it is pricey but it definitely is a place I like to go to for a special treat. I always feel like I am in a big city and a fancy 'joint'. There's a great vib to this place and I like being seated in the main dining room where you get the activity of the bar and can see in the open kitchen. My husband and I went there in early June for our anniversary. We don't eat much red meat anymore but this is the place to order it. I had the surf & turf: the filet was just the right size and had several large scallop stuffed fileted shrimp (I ended up bringing a couple home). Our waiter asked if I wanted any extras on the steak and I opted for blue cheese crumbles which were delightful but probably too rich. It was wonderful. My husband had steak Oscar, with lobster meat & asparagus on the steak, served over mashed garlic potatoes. He loved it. We split an appetizer of lobster raviolis. I had the wedge salad which I normally never get as I'm not wild about a large hunk of iceburg lettuce but this was chopped hearts and had tomato and optional bacon bits. It was great. My husband had the leek & potato soup that was very good. The service was wonderful: a main waiter and an assistant. Someone there whenever you needed something but not obtrusive or constantly asking if everything is OK.

We had a wonderful evening with wonderful food. I think the Chop House is the best in the city for the total experience of dining out: food, service, ambience.

1  Thank HoldenKathy
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a family celebration their 12 of us 5 aged 7-13 years old. The kids went for the adult menu and shared appetizers of beef capaccio, sushi, cherry stone clams and calamari. All ordered adult portions of steak and finished them. 11 year old grandson asked if he could have his Bar Mitzvah, The service staff was attentive but not intrusive. The Steaks and beef dishes were perfectly cooked and tasted fabulous. You can taste quality age beef.

1  Thank Alan_MA17
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We attended 111 Chop House to celebrate our oldest son's college graduation. We had a part of 11 which needed to be booked well in advance. The service was excellent, but unfortunately was the best part of the experience. Our food arrived warm or cold, and the quality of the food left quite a bit to be desired. Steaks were not prepared to our parties requested levels and one had to be returned as it was raw. While the management did their best to apologize for the mix up, the food quality itself was quite average. For a Worcester restaurant, the prices were high and certainly did not match the quality of food. In all likelihood this will be our first and last visit.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

111 is an excellent restaurant with well prepared food and good service. The only down side is that the noise level is very high. The presence of the bar in the dining room may account for the noise. The food is so good, it is worth putting up with the noise level, if you are not looking for a quite dinner!

Been to 111 Chop House? Share your experiences!