“Fun place to eat. Feels like you are in Boston not Worcester”
Review of 111 Chop House

111 Chop House
Ranked #5 of 575 Restaurants in Worcester
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hill Street
Description: The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.
Harvard, Massachusetts
“Fun place to eat. Feels like you are in Boston not Worcester”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great food and lively atmosphere. A bit noisy but that is part of the fun of eating at the Chop House.

Visited December 2012

Worcester MA
“Still one of the best!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I hadn't been to 111 for a while but my daughter turned 18 this week and we decided to treat her. The whole experience was as positive as it has been in the past. The waiter immediately asked about food allergies which I thought was great. The menu was interesting, as usual, and it was very hard to choose. My daughter got the tuna rolls for an appetizer and loved them. I tried the 111 chopped salad which I had never had before - it was great! For our meals we got duck with risotto and scallops with risotto. The scallops were generous and the risotto was perfectly flavored with just a bit of tarragon. The duck was wonderful - you could cut it with your fork. I found the sauce with the risotto to be a bit overwhelming but it was well cooked. The service was great and they remembered to do candles in the dessert without making a big fuss which was appreciated. The whole experience was as positive as I remember. If I could afford it I would go there much more often - it's worth it!

• Visited March 2013
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a gift certificate to use at one of the three restaurants: 111, via and the sole. We decided to go to the 111 since we had not been there in awhile.
I have eaten at the 111 multiple times in the past and always had a good meal, so I was surprised and disappointed about our meals.
I ordered the filet and lobster oscar. I omitted the hollindaise. The lobster meat was made up of tiny shriveled claw meat. It looked like it had some out of a crawfish. The beef was dry and flavorless. The mashed potatoes were better than the beef and lobster. Also served on top was four slivers of asparagus. This meal was $29... Not worth it. I even asked for steak sauce because the meat was dry however the onlu option was A1 or Worcestershire.
My husbad had the filet au poirve. Also dry and flavorless. His beef was more than mine. My husband has made me a better filet mignon from hannafords for a lot less money!
The service was great, no issues there.
I am hoping this was a fluke but I will not be returning to the 111 in the future to waste more money to see if it has improved.

Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Excellent food (steaks and seafood). Excellent service. Excellent environment. There really is anything bad to say about this restaurant. It may not be the best place for a quiet, romantic dinner for 2 but that's it!

Visited March 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Very Good Steak Well Prepared”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I visited the chop house with a friend in September 2012. We arrived at closing time. I thought it was good that 111CH seat us without any issues. I hadn't been back in awhile and it was good to see things are still top notch. The food was seved quickly and as ordered and tasted great. On the down part - sides are extra. Overall still one of the best Worcester has to offer.

• Visited September 2012