“Best late night breakfast”
Review of Kenmore Diner

Kenmore Diner
Ranked #328 of 587 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I love going to the Kenmore after a night at the bars. Yummy breakfast food and it's inexpensive.

Reviewed September 7, 2009

I used to eat at the Kenmore all the time. The two egg, toast and home fries breakfast was $2.25 if my memory serves me correct. Then, six firefighters died fighting a blaze in the cold storage facility directly behind the Kenmore, and the diner suffered damage as well. How much? I couldn't say, but it didn't LOOK like all that much,
Nevertheless, they tore it down and built a new one with money that surely came from an insurance company. Now that there isn't a big scary building behind it, (a fire station now occupies the lot ironically) it seems that there's even less risk of fire than before. So I'm going to presume that the price increase in food, is not related to a doubling of insurance rates.
Someone just wanted a fatter wallet, which hey, there's nothing wrong with that. This is in fact, America. Oil companies paved the way for that kind of behaviour. Just don't count on people like myself, who see this for what it is, to contribute to it.
With that rant aside, I will say that I have patronized the Kenmore on a few weekend nights despite the grudge I hold against them. The food, service and parking is stil great.
However, with the aforementioned issue thrown into the mix, I can not give the Kenmore Diner a good rating. Take it for what you will, that's just my two cents. ;)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Good diner.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Last Saturday night after checking out some local night spots in the Canal District,we decided to try out the Kenmore for a little late breakfast. I had heard of and seen the place many times since I moved here, but never got the chance to try it because the hours are a bit quirky for my schedule.
It was around 12:30 and the place was already jumpin' . We sat at the last unoccupied booth and was immediately greeted by our perky waitress . The diner was very clean and bright with a lot of character without being over the top kitchy like most diners I've visited. The menu was perfect for what we hungered for and offered a great selection of breakfast and sandwich options. I went for the Irish omelette with home fries and a bagel. The coffee was good and our orders came out quickly, toast and bagels first ,which I prefer,I hate when a restaurant leaves a hot item under a heat lamp while everything else is being prepared. The large bagels came grilled to perfection with a nice slathering of butter.My omelette was enormous and stuffed full of delicious corned beef hash. The eggs were cooked tender and not overdone the way omelettes are in a lot of breakfast places.The generous helping of homefries was crisp on top and creamy in the middle. The crowd in the restaurant was eclectic and very animated ,but not unruly. Our coffee and water was filled as soon as they were depleted and our waitress checked back to see that all our needs were filled without being intrusive to our meal or conversation .
The check came at the right time and we were not made to feel that we had to pay and get out right away so that the tables could be turned. All in all the best late night experience I've had in Worcester in my year since moving here. Thus a generous tip for our wonderful waitress and a full 5 star rating for the little diner that could (and did !)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Great place to get breakfast. Fast service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Kenmore Diner? Share your experiences!