“there is no $5 lunch”

Hirosaki Prime
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunderland Dr.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

that's what we went for...but..just appetizers. had salmon filet - was perfectly cooked & excellent
taste. had ramen noodles w/duck broth & veg, not so good, tasted weird. decor bizzare but
great large bar.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

The prices vary from a $5.00 lunch menu to the more pricey dinners. We were there for an early dinner and found the food very good along with the service. Didn't have a children's menu. Not very family oriented. But they have just added a Tuesday night children eat free. The quality of food was excellent hence the slighty higher prices for dinner. Chilean sea bass-excellent; sushi-very high quality.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The reviews for this place is all over the map, as far as I'm concerned I like it. The bar area atmosphere is really very nice, dark and comfortable. The dining area is also very nice and set up in the "normal" grill at your table setup. I had some sushi as well as salmon cooked on the grill and both were very good. If you go the place is located in a really small strip mall, enjoy I did.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

One of the newest Japanese, hibachi style dining experiences in the Worcester area. Very nice dining atmosphere with hibachi style dining experience on one side and table dining with a bar on the other side. The dining choices are many and are very reasonably priced. The miso soup was only average in taste, I can make it better. The Age Dashi tofu was pretty good, generous portion, but the dipping sauce was on the bland side. The grilled duck was flavorful but very fatty. Now for the hibachi experience, I had the chicken and scallops. Nice preparation show by the chef, fresh ingredients, but the flavors were on the bland side with the sauces on the non imaginative side. I would rate the presentation 8.5/10 and the taste quality of the dining choice 6.5/10.

They say they have an extensive wine list, but I would disagree, as the choices are very modest at best. The wine list is divided into "by the glass", "White", "Red", and "Sake". There is "NO" BYOB. I would give this restaurant another try to see if my dining experience will be better.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

The restauraunt is really nice and trendy with an urban feel and music you can enjoy playing in the background. I sat at the small sushi bar. I got the platter for 2 and it was delicious with some to take home. The young sushi chef was cheerful and skillful. The waitress, on the other hand, was neither. I guess she felt I wouldn't be a big tipper, which I am. I would say the drawback of the first room is the entrance opens from it and will let all the cold air of the coming winter in on the patrons in the first room. Forget about desert, the portions are way to small to really enjoy.