“Live piano, fabulous service, very good food.”
Review of Nuovo Restaurant

Nuovo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nuovo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 582 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Walking distance from Union Station as well as bus stop directly in front of building.
Description: Find something on the menu for everyone at Nuovo Restaurant in Worcester. Families will feel right at home with the kid - friendly menu and atmosphere. Nuovo's dress code is business casual. Book a private event at Nuovo Restaurant and enjoy a day or night of fun. Nuovo is the perfect place for your corporate event with all the AV equipment available on site, and free WIFI. Ample and Complimentary Valet parking. All major credit cards accepted.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Four of us dined at Nuovo for the first time. The red brick interior was warm and welcoming. The live piano music in the bar area was just right for our table, which was a room away. Our waitress was just the best! Very knowledgeable about the menu and, she was very friendly.

The drinks menu was our first clue that we'd enjoy our dinner. Interesting yet inexpensive margheritas, great bar drinks, a decent selection of wines. They also offered an inexpensive flight of reds or whites, but we would've rather paid more and gotten better reds.

The food was quite good. Excellent sea bass and pastas. The Nuovo salad was delicious. The Caesar was top-notch as well.

Unfortunately, we were too full (substantial portions) to partake of the really enticing dessert menu. We'll have to return and start with dessert first!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

When I heard Alex (ex chef of Coes Cafe) had opened on Shrewsbury St I was expecting the same type of good Pub food always found at Coes. WOW, was I wrong! Wonderful ambiance, attentive service and GREAT food have been the staples of our many visits to date. I'd call the menu somewhat eclectic in that Alex brings his Mediterranean heritage to a somewhat menu and it works! Try the house lamb lollypops or the sea bass for a culinary delight. You will return.

2  Thank ogogolby
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We decided to try Nuovo tonight because it's Restaurant Week in Worcester, and the choices on their special 3 course menu looked very good (for a mere $23.12). We thought it would be a decent meal; it turned out to be excellent from start to finish. I had their wonderful Chobani salad--yummy bite-sized tomatoes, cukes, onions, & grilled peppers in a delicious oil & vinegar with feta cheese dressing on grilled bread. My husband had the shrimp cocktail and found it first-rate. My main course was chicken with walnuts in a yummy yogurt sauce, served on top of delicious freshly-made cheese ravioli. Spouse had superb veal piccatta & great risotto with tomatoes. Our desserts, tiramisu for me and a freshly-baked dense brownie with gelato and whipped cream for hubby, were very, very good. I had a glass of a bargain-priced dry Italian rose wine, which went very well with my food. Our waitress was friendly and helpful; as were other wait staff who kept our water glasses full and cleared dishes when we were done with each course. The dining room had nice decor and comfortable seating,
We will definitely go back to try more of the wonderful-looking items on their menu, and even though the bill will obviously be much higher when it's not Restaurant Week, we feel certain that the quality (and generous portions) of the food will be worth the price. We often eat at other excellent restaurants in Worcester, e.g., the Sole Proprietor and 111 Chop House, and at several great restaurants in Boston and Cambridge, e.g., Meritage, Salt's, and Dali, and we think Nuovo is comparable to them. Can't wait to go back & try their $5.00 martinis and bar menu for $5.00 per dish, which other reviewers raved about!

2  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed May 21, 2012

What more could you ask for??

We went on a weeknight and had no trouble finding parking in the back parking lot. We were immediately greeted warmly by the hostess and the servers.

The decor is modern, fresh, but warm and inviting.
The menu was almost overwhelming- everything looked so good and we were only on appetizers.
Our server, an extremely friendly and patient young woman named Leta, recommended the calamari and though we have had it a million times before, we were glad that we ordered it. It was perfect.
They offer nightly drink specials along with the dinner specials which was a nice, but the real treat was seeing the $5 martini list. EVERY restaurant should have one as far as I'm concerned.

My girlfriend ordered a steak which came with a salad, but she wanted to try the red pepper bisque instead. They complied with no complaints or extra fees. Her wild mushroom risotto was divine.
I ordered the salmon atlantico. Wow, wow, wow. The raviolis that accompanied it were so soft they melted in your mouth and were clearly handmade. The fish was so fresh and cooked perfectly. I usually try to save part of my meal for my husband, but he was not getting my leftovers that night! I also ordered truffle fries after our meals came, and they came out quickly piping hot. I wished that they had more truffle oil, but they sufficed.
I feel that the portions were appropriate for 2012. The plates were not piled high with food, but clearly portioned out.
We were so full from eating every drop on our plate we were thankful that they were sold out of the creme brulee that we ordered.
Our capuccinos were hot and frothy just as they should be. We heard the whirr and knew they had an old fashoned machine.

To our greatest delight, the owner/chef came out and greeted everyone in the restaurant after our meals. He took the time to stop at every table and speak with us. Really nice touch and have to say that he is extremely personable and genuinely gracious and friendly. We found out that he is Albanian and it reflects in the food.
My new favorite restaurant in Central, MA.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

As others have stated, there is warm, crusty bread served with an olive oil and seasoning blend. We started with calamari for an appetizer and the coating was light and the calamari were tender. More than enough for two of us to share. For my entree I chose Veal Saltimbocca and the veal was fork tender. The cheese ravioli that came with it were light and flavorful and the dish was served with a savory red wine sauce. My companion chose Veal Parmagiana and the coating was the same as on the calamari and he enjoyed the dish. We went for lunch and there was no problem getting seated. The portions were not huge but plenty big enough for our appetites but the waitress said there is much more food on the plate during dinner. The lunch menu is not as extensive as the dinner menu but you shouldn't have any problem finding something to your liking. Nice ambiance. Two parking places in front of the restaurant if you’re fortunate enough to get them but there is also parking in the back of the building and valet parking for dinner. An outstanding place to dine and we will return!