“The best Mexican restaurant around”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #110 of 578 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Worcester, Massachusetts
“The best Mexican restaurant around”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Over the last couple years I've eaten here at least a dozen times. This is our go to Mexican restaurant. The service is always great, very attentive and accommodating. The homemade salsa and chips are always fresh and the guacamole is the best I've ever had! The portion size is good, there are always leftovers and the prices are reasonable. You 'll save yourself a lot of money going here over Mezcal.

Holden, Massachusetts
“MUCH better than it had been”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Although in my last review I said that I wouldn't be back we decided to give it another go. I am glad that we did. There have been vast improvements in service. Not to mention the prices are back to low without sacrificing quality at all. We were even impressed with the way the menus looked. We got the beer ritas (great value and yummy!) - my boyfriend had the San Jose Burrito, which he loved and ate every inch of. I had the Texas fajitas which were great. We had a wonderful experience, thanks in part to our awesome server Victoria. We will definitely be back - as long as whatever management has been doing, keeps doing.

1 Thank CandiceMcD
Worcester, Massachusetts
“An Okay Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is just okay with the food quality changing with the seasons. Don't go here in the winter and fall because the food does not seem as fresh as it does in the spring and summer. My guess is that after Cinco De mayo people desire Mexican food more than the fall and winter months. Service is fast and friendly and the menu is varied. I look forward to trying the Chocolate Cheese Cake during my next visit.

“Ess96”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Took the family there yesterday for an early dinner. We sat in the bar area. I was kind of expecting the run of the mill, gringo style, Mexican chain restaurant. It kind of is, but in a cool way. The bar decor was actually pretty cool; dark wood paneling, six large high top tables and a good size bar. We got our drinks quickly and ordered an appetizer. You can actually skip the appy because the bowl of chips and salsa was enough. And good. The entrees were large, but not so large that you felt uncomfortable. And they also were good. I'm not so naive to think everything in restaurants are made to order, but the food tasted fresh and flavorful. Even the beans and rice, which normally taste like they come from a paste or pouch, tasted like they were made on scene. Everyone enjoyed their dish, no complaints at all. The prices weren't bad either; the average entree was $10-$11. Would I go here again? You bet.

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Authentic tasting Mexican food”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Finally, a chain that makes authentic tasting mexican food without blanketing it all in cheese and sour cream. Even the enchiladas are not swimming with high fat cheese. This is definitely a place to try if you want to taste some authentic Mexican cuisine.

Visited December 2012