“An Okay Mexican Restaurant”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #115 of 581 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is just okay with the food quality changing with the seasons. Don't go here in the winter and fall because the food does not seem as fresh as it does in the spring and summer. My guess is that after Cinco De mayo people desire Mexican food more than the fall and winter months. Service is fast and friendly and the menu is varied. I look forward to trying the Chocolate Cheese Cake during my next visit.

There are newer reviews for Plaza Azteca

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Took the family there yesterday for an early dinner. We sat in the bar area. I was kind of expecting the run of the mill, gringo style, Mexican chain restaurant. It kind of is, but in a cool way. The bar decor was actually pretty cool; dark wood paneling, six large high top tables and a good size bar. We got our drinks quickly and ordered an appetizer. You can actually skip the appy because the bowl of chips and salsa was enough. And good. The entrees were large, but not so large that you felt uncomfortable. And they also were good. I'm not so naive to think everything in restaurants are made to order, but the food tasted fresh and flavorful. Even the beans and rice, which normally taste like they come from a paste or pouch, tasted like they were made on scene. Everyone enjoyed their dish, no complaints at all. The prices weren't bad either; the average entree was $10-$11. Would I go here again? You bet.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Finally, a chain that makes authentic tasting mexican food without blanketing it all in cheese and sour cream. Even the enchiladas are not swimming with high fat cheese. This is definitely a place to try if you want to taste some authentic Mexican cuisine.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Love their food! Have been there a few times, consistent quality and good prices. Drinks are great, bar is not that inviting and can be slow service at times but all employees are very friendly. Will return

1  Thank Sandi M
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My dad is a huge fan of this place and decided to take our family there after church, as I had never been and love Mexican food. I was with my 1 year old nephew. When we walked in i did notice that it was not busy. The hostess asked us how many and if we had a reservation. After a few minutes she came back to show us our table. I asked her if they could bring me a high chair for my nephew for he was going to be waking up soon. we all sat down and I took my nephew to the bathroom to change his diaper. when i came back about 7 min later, no high chair. Again i asked the waiter and the hostess for a high chair. 10 min later, NO HIGH CHAIR! At that point as i was walking over to ask her again, nephew in hand, I hear the girl "oh crap i forgot the chair". She smiles and grabs the chair pretending that she was walking over the whole time. when placing my food order I asked for my steak well done and was brought a medium rare. Pink is not at all how i like my steak but the rest of the food was good. On many occasions when we asked our server for something she would either forget or not bring it out for another 10 min. The food was okay but they need to retrain these workers on how to really give good customer service.