“Fun place”

Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Two of the three nights we were in Woods Hole, we got the grilled chicken sandwich to go. It is a typical bar, but has a casual, fun feel to it. I sat at the bar waiting for the order to be readied, and felt not only comfortable, but even welcome. And the food was good.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We ate at Fishmonger's Cafe only once and it was a fairly pleasant experience. I had read the wonderful reviews of some food critics and expected great food, so maybe I was expecting too much. As an example of how blah the food was to us, I can not even remember the name of our dishes. I do know that there was a bowl of pasta with a good deal of lobster and a sauce that was just OK. If one could sit by a window and enjoy a glass of wine, the experience might be a great deal better. However, the tables by the windows were taken, so we were seated close to the front door. Our server was very nice and did all that he could to take care of our needs. Overall, I would agree with one of the other reviewers and suggest that the restaurant is just fine but order the basic and familiar dishes. You stand a better chance of not being disappointed. The restaurant is, however, worth at least one visit.

1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Fishmonger for lunch
Black bean chili, really black bean soup with way too much cumin
Cape cod salad, simple
A beer
For two dinners... $38.00
Way too much for simple food
Great atmosphere
Nice water views
A slice of chocolate cake, home made, $7.00
I'll pass

2  Thank FoodmanI
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Not trendy, but a good choice with great views. Judging from other reviews, it is hit or miss, but the latest owner/management is most like the 'classic' Fishmonger, which was superb. Chose the basics. Basic salads and fish dishes that aren't too much of a reach, and you'll be fine.

1  Thank bostongail
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to the Fishmonger from a recommendation for dinner. We were not happy with the food nor the quality. They have a limited menu. Ordered the steamed clams for an appitizer, they didn't look appealing, they tasted lousy and had a lot of sand in them. The broth seemed like clear tap water, no flavor at all. I hate to send food back, but they were uneatable. After telling the waitress I couldn't eat them, I was still billed for them. I had to have the manager remove the charge on the bill since the waitress wouldn't remove the charge. Some fish items were not available and what was ordered was at best minimal. I would not send anyone there

1  Thank KEN H