“Seriously this is great!”
Review of Quicks Hole Tavern

Quicks Hole Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Quicks Hole Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Woods Hole
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Quicks Hole Tavern is a New American restaurant and bar open seven days a week opposite the Martha's Vineyard ferry terminal in charming Woods Hole village. With water views from two floors, the Quicks Hole Tavern is known for great food, a large craft beer list and innovative wicked fresh cocktails. More casual dining and take-away is offered on the first floor bar.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Not given to giving excellent ratings, this place is seriously good. We were a party of four and each sampled appetisers, pig candy;quahog fritters;pickled veggies; and my favourite the crab cakes.
Yes recommended as a shared experience. On to mains, pork tenderloin, salmon, roasted cod and the bone in sirloin, well presented, tasty accompaniments, making the plate and offering extremely attractive, we were not disappointed! We were very satisfied. Skipping sweets, the youngest of our party was getting a wee bit tired. We could reflect on the cocktails, and a single glass of wine and say well done, great choice for a Monday evening meal. Attentive service, just right is how I would describe it, not intrusive offering that dependable presence looking to provide for the needs of the table.

For a Monday evening it was well patronised and my fears of having to content with disembarking ferry passengers were ill founded! Perhaps they are yet to discover this newly added "gem".

1  Thank Ozzietyke1
BCGosnold, Owner at Quicks Hole Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Hi Ozzietyke1 -

Honored to be called a "newly added gem", and so happy that you had an enjoyable meal at the Quicks Hole Tavern. Thanks for all the foodie details:) Maybe your tyke tried the kids salad with "goldfish"? My kids talked me into putting that on the menu. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Newly opened just a few months ago, but on a recent visit there was a 15-20 minute wait for a table! Creative salads and seafood, as well as meat selections. Service was a bit spotty, but I think it was because they were much busier than expected on a non-weekend nite! The bar downstairs was being renovated...it has some great music there. Location is right next to the boat going to the Vineyard, so am sure they will be busier than ever come summer. be prepared to wait...but be assured it is worth it!

1  Thank CapeSharon

Hi Cape Sharon -

Thanks for coming to Woods Hole and giving us this generous review! We are working on getting our pacing right, and we so appreciate your patience as we get our service together.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Delicious food, great views. Lots of vegetarian options, as well. I've got a full review on my food blog! http://theactorsdiet.com/2014/05/06/quicks-hole-tavern/

What an honor to have Lynn Chen of the "Actor's Diet" in the house -- thank you Lynn and Abe, we sure hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

this place is a must to go to place, was the leeside before.my family and friends went for easter bruch the food the john puts out of his open kitchen is alone something you want to come back for .our server abbey was so helpful and efficent .we hope everyone will check this out , you wont be sorry ,cant wait till we return for dinner. linda devito

Hi Linda -

Thank you so much for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I thought t if I should write this review or not, as I am a Woods Holer at heart, and I like what the owner has done in saving the Woods Hole Inn and also keeping the place from being *renovated* and true to the way it should look and have eaten at the smaller of her restaurants and enjoyed my dining experience.
I also had family that had an *old school* restaurant for 40 years and I know they wanted to know if there was any problem with the food or service
So..
I wanted to try out the new *Leeside* now named the Quicks Hole Tavern,as I had heard it opened recently . I do go out to eat often and the most important thing for me is service and then food and third ambience.
This new restaurant has ambience , the food was good , not great, but the service, well much to be desired..
Ok so here is my review..
A friend came up from Jamestown with her Spanish Water Dog and we went to this restaurant. Anyway when I walked in the bar part was closed but could smell POPCORN, not something I want to smell going to lunch, but we got passed that and we walked up stairs. It was bright and white..Nicely appointed.
We were greeted by a delightful hostess that was Italian and we got a table by the window, overlooking the steamship
Then things went downhill..
We waited a good ten minutes for the waitress to come over . We had not even gotten a drink and when she approached us, she asked "e knew what we wanted". I said "We have not received any menus" She came back with the menu in another five minutes. We asked for water with lemon and looked at the menu. The water came and was lukewarm . I asked the waitress to please bring us some ice. I also asked the girl about a few things on the menu , and decided on the smoke turkey with cranberry sauce and gravy. I asked if this was an *open faced sandwich * and the waitress said "Yes" . She left and had to get someone to get our waitress as we really wanted ice and lemon and we finally got that but never once another refill of a glass of water..We ordered.. Me the *open face turkey with gravy* my friend the reuben with a salad.. Our lunch came and my sandwich was basically a turkey sandwich. I said to the waitress this is not what I ordered. She said it was. I said "Where is the gravy?" She said "Oh I think it is INSIDE the sandwich".. .. I have never had a turkey sandwich with gravy that was INSIDE (which by the way I did not see or taste).. I ate half of it. It was Ok but cranberry sauce too sweet and I really didn't want a turkey sandwich on rye bread .. If I had wanted a cold sandwich it would have been acceptable but I did ask if this was an open faced turkey sandwich with gravy and the reply was a YES. . My friend said her reuben was ok and the salad looked really great. We decided to order desert but first we asked if they had decaf tea for my friend and and I asked about just plain LIpton or Earl Grey .We were assured that they had this type of tea. So we decided to order pumpkin creme brulee with our tea.. Waitress came back with our creme brulee but no tea for my friend as they had no decaf. I got my tea after my dessert was delivered and the water was best tepid. (seems like the cold water and the hot water are the same temp) ; )
Anyway I had asked for a lemon and we also asked for napkins and SPOONS.. The waitress came back with a lemon, then we again had to ask for spoons and a napkin. This time she comes back with a napkin but no spoons and third time was a charm and we got our spoons.
It was somewhat aggravating though.
I love creme brulee but found the pumpkin creme brulee too sweet and while the custard should be served cold the caramelized sugar for me needs some warmth..I only had a spoonful of it as it tasted like a mouth full of sugar,but the waitress never asked me about me not liking it. Anyway, I will try it again, and because of such poor service only gave a 15 percent tip ( I usually do 22-25) I am sure they have to get some kinks out but they do need to train their waitresses better as to service and to knowing what they are serving, as I did not get an open faced turkey sandwich with gravy!
I will definitely go back again but also will ask not to be seated at the table that this waitress would be serving. If not for the poor service would have rated this restaurant average. Hopefully next time it will be rated 4 or 5 stars.:)

3  Thank Polly N
BCGosnold, Owner at Quicks Hole Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Paulette -

I am so sorry your visit to our new restaurant overlooking Woods Hole harbor was troubled as related here. We are still training our new staff, and will use this detailed review as a helpful tool as we continue to make sure all team members are familiar with our menu and policies.

I so appreciate your taking the time to give us these suggestions, and do hope to meet you one day on your next visit into the Quicks Hole Tavern.

best -