“Wonderful Atmosphere”

Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Woods Hole
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Captain Kidd Restaurant and Bar has a menu the presents American Seafood and Grille as well as the freshest raw bar in town.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We sat at the bar and watched the Georgia / Clemson football game and had a great time. the bar staff was very attentive and the food was better than average for a bar menu.

1  Thank Nicholas K
There are newer reviews for Captain Kidd Restaurant

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Sometimes change is not good, it can be horrendous. We have been coming here since the Falmouth Road Race was "an infant". We have enjoyed and supported Captain Kidds through hurricanes , renovations, their ups and downs! We have gathered on the dock for many dinners and have many memories from time spent at the great bar and playing pinball. Well last night we walked in and everything had changed..decor, menu and SERVICE or maybe I should say " lack of service". Gone was the friendly bartenders, gone was the comfortable Woods Hole traditional decor and gone was Customer Service. I am and have been Vegan for over 30 years, have an allergy to poultry but NEVER have problems eating out and had never encountered problems at Captain Kiidd's. I ordered a salad, the VEGAN black bean soup and grilled asparagus. My friend ordered an entree and a side order. Well people came, ate and left. We sat waiting. The bartender ( we were seated at the bar) never updated us on our meals and when questioned she continuously replied that she put everything in. It was busy but not overly busy. No excuses. My friend's entree arrived, cold and nothing for me. His side never arrived and no one seemed to know what happened to my salad, VEGAN SOUP ( which was on their menu) and asparagus. My fiend's side never arrived either. Since no one seemed to know anything, I told them to cancel everything for me.
NO APPOLOGIES OFFERED, the Bill came and they not only charged for both our drinks , my friend's entree but INCLUDED HIS SIDE ORDER WHICH WAS NEVER SERVED. No none offered to comp my cocktail. No one offered an answer to my questions.
I guess all good things must come to an end.
None of us will ever return to this establishment. I have already told my running club friends that we don't have to travel to Woods Hole any longer after Falmouth in the Summer and Fall. Too bad....sad!

5  Thank KACRY
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The food is great, service is good, and they have renovated the interior to bring it up to date. Some locals say they've lost their waterfront edgey charm, and the purple lighting on the deck is oddly disorienting, but this Woods Hole classic is still great!

1  Thank CaptainSteveG
Reviewed August 24, 2014

On a recent voyage to Cape Cod, my mother and I took a side trip to Wood's Hole. Looking for a spot to eat, we examined the menu of Captain Kidd and found some choices that sounded appealing enough to take a chance. After being led to a dockside seat with boats surrounding us, we placed our order with a very attentive waiter. Within minutes, my mother was dining on salmon with an Asian orange soy glaze. In sampling (and later finishing her salmon because the portion was so large), I can honestly say it was the best salmon I have ever had with a melt in the mouth goodness. My lobster, pork, and ginger potstickers were out of this world, with a unique mix of tastes that worked well. All in all, Captain Kidd was a culinary delight that was worth stumbling across accidentally.

3  Thank Dave P
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We visit every year and are always remembered - and welcomed- by the wonderful manager. This personal touch, for us, really adds to the atmosphere. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the name of this kind man, but he is a treasure. This year we were pleasantly surprised by the renovations, looks great! The menu has a nice mix of traditional and some more creative dishes and the location can't be beat.

2  Thank smittenBoston_MA
Judy L, Public Relations Manager at Captain Kidd Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about the manager. His name is Rob and he will be happy to welcome you back on your visit next year too. We are glad you enjoyed the meal and like the renovations.