“Gross”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Well, we visited this restaurant on our trip to Cape Cod. The menu looked really nice, and not too many places in Woods Hole, MA looked appetizing. The setting was beautiful, right on the water. The tables were tacky...they had brown paper on top of cloth table cloths. The staff sat us in a corner seat with barely no room to move. Our appetizer was ok, the chicken egg rolls (kind of bland), and I ordered the duck and my wife ordered the lobster poached in mango and butter. My duck was ok, but my wife complained that here lobster tasted weird. I tasted it and realized that the lobster was ROTTEN. It was gross. We sent it back and it was taken off the bill. Both our appetites were lost and we immediatly got the check and left. I didn't finish my duck, and my wife got sick and spent the night in the bathroom. No one even came out of the kitchen to appologise. Don't go visiting this gross, overpriced restaurant.

1  Thank Brownie191
There are newer reviews for Phusion Grille

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stopped by after coming back from the Vineyard for drinks and an appetizer. We ordered the calamari. It tasted fine and the presentation was interesting (lots of lettuce and interesting sauces). The service was excellent. However, for $16.00 we certainly expected more than a few calamari. We left as hungry as we came in. Not worth it in my opinion

2  Thank plymouthmaguy
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Myself and my family (total 2 adults and 2 children) ate here this past weekend (Friday night). This was our first time in Woods Hole and we were excited to be eating outside and my son was excited to be watching the boats go under the bridge adjacent to the restaurant. The restaurant seemed popular and was somewhat busy despite the grubby finish.

Initially i had to ask for another high chair to be brought to the table as the clip on the first one was completely broken and not safe for my 8 month old. It was switched with minimal hassle from the staff.

HOWEVER...We ended up leaving after a short time as i found some sort of (cooked) insect or beetle in my meal. We both ordered the only vegetarian option so so both dishes went back to the kitchen. Despite this MAJOR faux pas I was still presented with a bill for my drinks that we had ordered (1 drink each) with no further apologies or attention paid to us by the Owner of the establishment regarding my meal. The waiter was also a little flippant about our experience.

I did ask for at least one more the drinks to be taken off my bill - which was done without any further insult....but we left having only drank half of our drinks and had had no dinner and it still cost me $20.38.

To add insult to injury as I was gathering our bags to leave, my family member came back to the table with my toddler son, the Owner barked nervously at us that we needed to move as she was seating another party at the table next to us.

I wish i had a picture of the offending bug to share but i was so disgusted that i just wanted my plate to be gone and to leave the restaurant....

NOT GOOD PEOPLE!

3  Thank Scottish_Lass77
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Watch the boats come in and out of the canal to the Eel Pond from this wonderful waterfront bistro. You are perched by the drawbridge with a front seat view of all the waterfront fun. Food is delicious and consistent. They do a nice job with kids (crayons, hoodsie for dessert etc) and have a good wine list. Really a terrific place to eat in Woods Hole.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

The food was phenomenal, the wait staff was outstanding.