“Atmosphere and a view”

Landfall Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Woods Hole
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water St.
Transit: During the season there is a local trolley that runs every half hour from other Falmouth locations. Also, the Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority has buses running continuously throughout the day.
Description: Landfall Restaurant is Woods Hole's premiere waterfront restaurant since 1946 with spectacular oceanfront dining and fresh local cuisine.
Suffield, Connecticut
“Atmosphere and a view”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This landmark sits right on the water in Woods Hole and offers a great view, food and drink and parking nearby (200' away). It's large enough to offer many tables right by the windows (usually open in the summer) and the food choices are large and tasty.

Visited July 2014

Dunbarton, NH
“Great way to start a vacation”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Got to Falmouth and hopped on bikes for a quick ride into Woodshole and stumbled upon Landfall. Nice open air restaurant; beautiful breeze; good service; food was tasty. Perfect way to start our time off!

Visited June 2014
East Meadow, New York
“Unpleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our seating location in the Landfall was very nice: a window table overlooking the water. The service was quick and attentive. It was the food that I had a problem with.

I ordered a bowl of Lobster Bisque. Why order a cup for $7.00 when a bowl goes for $7.50? Unfortunately, though creamy and rich, it was essentially devoid of lobster, except for the micro sized bits most of which tasted like cheese, not lobster. This fact was true for both my soup and my girlfriend's. I concluded that the waitress didn't apply the ladle deeply enough, though I can't be sure. She had no problem taking the soup back, though I would have preferred an explanation or at least a retry. Se la vie.

My order of Chicken Francaise over pasta was also a disappointment. The water on the bottom of the pasta wasn't drained sufficiently and this allowed the francaise sauce to drain away from the chicken leaving a rather thin, barely noticeable remainder. Worse, the chicken, though cooked well, was slightly chewy. My side order of sweet potato fries was small, but well worth its $2.00 charge. I'd guess that about 75% of the fries were crispy. The salad was very good.

My order of a small hot fudge sundae was also very good. I appreciated that, as far as desserts go, the Landfall allows for both regular and smaller portions.

The restaurant, at least at 7pm on July 4th weekend, was very loud and any sign of noise dampening is vacant in the restaurant's construction. Being in the corner, though, as we were, it was tolerable.

I would give the Landfall a second chance, though it will not be my first choice for any second chances I have stored. I'd rate my experience in the C+ to B- range, due to its convenient location for my stay, the view at my table and the attentiveness of the service, even without the 100% effort that had the potential to save the bisque.

• Visited July 2014
Watertown, Massachusetts
“Yummy Lobster!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We ate here right before we hopped on the ferry to Martha's Vineyard.
We both ordered a whole lobster and it was super yummy!
The decor is super cute and is so homey.

• Visited June 2014
New Castle, PA
“Good view but overpriced”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Ate lunch here after riding the Shining Sea Bikeway to Woods Hole. View was nice. Food was decent, but overpriced. My husband and I split a seafood dish which made it more reasonable. Our service was lacking, too.

• Visited June 2014