“Just OK”
Review of Lee Side Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Lee Side Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Stopped in for lunch. No table service, have to give order at bar. Had to sit on stools with no backs. Not comfortable for those with back problems. Food was just OK.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stopped at Lee Side Bar and Grill for lunch today and was greeted by Joe the bartender. There were no customers in the restaurant/bar but the TA reviews were pretty good so we figured we would give it a shot. Joe was pleasant and the place was very clean. There was no table service and Joe gave us the menus and took our drink order. My wife and I had a cup of their New England clam chowder ($4.50) and I found it to be only so so. I like chowder that is thick and filled with stuff. It did have a few clams along with a few potatoes. We had an order of calamari ($8.00) and though it was tasty with the deep fried pepper rings it was a little soggy as if it was nuked. The cocktail sauce was gelled in a small cup and wasn't very interesting. My wife had the shrimp and scallop cakes ($10.00) and she thought they were ok. I tried them and liked them better covered in catsup.

I am afraid that I would not recommend this restaurant for the food but the bar looked good with several televisions mounted on the wall.

Reviewed August 15, 2008

I stop by this bar about once every two weeks when waiting for the ferry back to MV. The staff have a bit of an atitude but there are two bartenders that work Thursday nights that have overcharged me (knowingly, I believe) on several occassions. The first time I was in the bar when they were working they had such atitudes that I did not tip them. The bar was almost empty and they walked up and down ignoring me even though it was obvious I was waiting to be served. When they stopped playing this infantile little game and served me I did not tip due to their rudeness. Ever since then they have tried on several occassions to charge me $3.50 for a bud Lite when the price was reduced to $3.00 months ago. Normally when they do this I just dont tip, they are overcharging me by 50 cents but I am saving a dollar on the tip so I am ahead. I questioned it several times and each time they claim they made a mistake and refund the 50 cents. They then try to overcharge again next time I visit. The last time I called one of them on it he was like a deer caught in the headlights it was obvious he was doing it on purpose.

Last night they turned the volume all the way down on the jukebox after I had put $5.00 in. I had enough of their atitudes and asked for an e-mail address for the owner. I was told I could not get one but the manager would speak to me. I was then informed the manager could not speak to me as he was washing dishes??? I was given a phone number for Joseph Crowley who they told me was one of the owners. I left him a voicemail but he never returned my call.

It turned out my boss knows the owner, Jospeh is a manager and not the owner. I left a message for Jamie the real owner as advised by my boss but he did not return my call either.

On the positive side I did eat here once and the food was ok for the price but not good enough to tolerate being ripped off for. Obviously they mistakenly think I am stupid.

Bottom line is the staff are rude, they will rip you off and the management and owners dont care enough to even listen to your complaints. They obviously feel they have a captive customer base being next to the Steamship Authority terminal but I was one of 5 customers in the bar last night and this is high season. Well 20% of last night's customers will never go there again.

3  Thank MVIrish
Reviewed June 3, 2008

As we were waiting for the Steamship Authority ferry to Martha's Vineyard, we decided to grab a quite bite to eat in Wood's Hole. The nearest restaurant was Lee Side Bar and Grill. It is a two-story building on the corner, and we were there at lunch time in the "off season" so the upstairs was the only section open.

I ordered a salad and some clam chowder. My husband had a quahog and clam chowder. The onion on the salad was pretty strong, and you could tell they don't sell many of the salads b/c the cook had to come out and grab a menu to see what was on it. The clam chowder more than made up for it. I made it a habit to try chowder everywhere we went so I could see for myself who had the best. Lee Side won, hands down! My husband's quahog was really good, too. He had a beer or two with his meal... I think we paid about $20 for everything - which was a really great deal!

They are used to serving people waiting for the ferry, so it is a really quick option. We were in and out in less than 20 minutes! They have a little ferry icon next to the dishes that they recommend for quick service.

1  Thank CorvetteKatie